Chapter 24

This wasn't 'John Tucker Must Die'. I wasn't trying to humiliate Derek. I was trying to ruin his pristine reputation. Because I knew it meant the world to him, that and the sweetest girl in our school – Ezra Whitmore. He had a major crush on her. MAJOR. And I knew he was trying to get her into bed.

So I was going to show her, along with the rest of the female population that Derek was not worth a second of their time. I was going to make sure no girl would ever go near him, the same way he tried to make sure no guy ever genuinely approached me.

That's why I was filming him. He was on a date. He thought I didn't know, that I was just hanging with friends tonight since he blew me off. But I knew, because his little minions had had enough of following me around for his silly little reasons when they had better things to do. So they weren't following me. Plus, I paid them more. Because really that was all it came down to in the end – money. And I had a lot more money than Derek fucking Herry.

I was following Derek and he was right in front of me, holding a random girl's hand as they walked along the street, underneath the street lamps, underneath the stars, with his sweet words to compliment and please her into a delirious dream. The poor girl fawned and practically melted at his every syllable. I felt sorry for her, and I would have intervened before she could actually begin to like him but I had to keep cover.

I wasn't sure how he hadn't yet noticed me, but I was glad because it meant I didn't have to explain myself. The awkwardness of the situation would have been immense, and Derek would be enlightened to the fact that his boys were no longer loyal like obedient dogs. It would do him some good to know that, but not yet. That would come later.

After a long, revoltingly romantic night, he dropped her off at her house. I expected he would go home straight after. I watched him go into his car from a distance. But as soon as he was in there my phone rang.

I looked down at my screen, my jaw dropping when I saw his name on my screen.

"Is he serious?" I whispered and the words just tumbled out of my mouth in my shock. He had the audacity to call me like he hadn't just been going out with another girl!

Then suddenly it hit me. Panic hit me. What if he knew? What if he knew that I was here, or at the very least he knew that I wasn't 'hanging' with my friends?

Paranoia hit me as my phone continued to ring. What if he was watching me right now? Granted I was quite far from his car but I was out in the quiet open street. He could have heard it. I quickly scrambled to answer the call, taking a deep breath to calm myself down before I greeted him with a jolly, "Hey!"

"Hey," he said in return, in a low husky tone. He probably thought he sounded good. He just sounded like a fool to me.

"You wanna hang out?" he asked.

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. He was actually being serious. He had been out with that girl on a date and not five minutes after it ended he was asking me if I 'wanted to hang out'?

He was unbelievably despicable. More than I had thought he was.

I wasn't too sure what to say. If I agreed to meet up with him, we'd be together and I would know where he was without having to stalk him.

And if I declined...then what? Would he be spending time with someone else?

I decided saying no would be more interesting. I could get back in the car and follow him to see if he would meet with someone else instead.

"Sorry Derek, I'm with a friend now. It wouldn't be fair to blow him off after promising that I'd spend the night with him," I explained, specifically implying that I was with a guy to get a reaction out of him.