21

•40k freaking- whAt? Thank you guys so much!•

My alarm echoed throughout my room, waking me up after the fourth go. I open my eyes, noticing the same weight around my stomach like last time as well. I smile this time though. I wait there for a few seconds, enjoying the warmth it gave off.

Unfortunately, it had to end. I sat up and took it slowly this time. My hands were sore and I had to take off the bandages to shower.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, stretching my arms out. Walking towards my dresser, I grabbed out clothes so I didn't have to walk into my bedroom while Conan was asleep and I was naked.

"Why are you up so early? You don't have work today," Conan suddenly asks, peaking over at me.

"I'm going to Big Rapids today. Going to finally see my family. You can go into work if you want. I'm sure Fowler wouldn't mind."

"I'll just stay home. Take care of Shelby."

Home? Did I really just hear that correctly? I stop what I was doing and I turn towards him. He questions the look I give him but I turn back around and swallow the lump in my throat.

"Y-you can come with me if you'd like. Not sure if I'll be okay driving back today," I offer, hoping he says yes.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude on family matters," he says, picking at the blanket.

"If I wasn't sure, then why would I ask?" I question, not trying to sound mean or anything. Just saying it with a calm aura wrapped around the words.

"You're correct on that one. I'll get ready. See if the blood came out of my jacket," he gets up and walks off towards the laundry room/bathroom.

I follow, clothes in hand. I set them on the vanity and turn on the shower, letting the water warm up.

"Hey, Co? Do you mind helping me take these things off? It'll just be more difficult to get them off if they're wet."

"Of course," he walks towards me and starts unwrapping the bandage. I keep my eyes on his face, it looking as calm as ever.

I jump when one of the pieces needs peeling off of my pale hands. The blood glued the wrap onto my hand and I bite my lip while he continued to unwrap them.

"There, wasn't that hard. Once you're done, I'll wrap them with a clean bandage."

"Thank you," I say with a small smile.

"Of course," he replies, giving me a soft grin before turning and leaving the room.

I look down at the ground, a small blush planted on my face. He's so sweet. I don't deserve to have him in my life.

-

My foot loses gripping on the floor and I suddenly feel my stomach flip. My back hits the cold tile and a bang rings throughout the room. I groan, turning on my side. The towel covers the important part of my body and my head rests on my arm.

"Gavin! Are you okay?" Conan is suddenly next to me, holding my head up.

"Yeah, just- slipped. I'm fine," I sit up and rub my head with a stinging hand.

He helps me stand and sets down an extra towel on the floor so I don't slip on the water again. I should really get a bathroom rug...

"Maybe when we're on our way back, we could find you a nice rug or something," he says, making me nod.

"Definitely," I reply, flushing a bit when I realize I'm only in a towel.

"I should- I'll let you get dressed," he says, also blushing a bit.

"Yeah," I giggle, watching him as he nervously leaves the room. I shake my head. How the hell am I supposed to work and live with him when he's being- like this??

•How was this?•