8

•I made an outline of Gavin's apartment because why not? It makes things a little less complicated. Also, the book is already at 1k! Thank you guys so much!•

I unlock my door and open it, seeing everything in its place.

"It's quite clean, I was expecting a mess since you work quite a lot."

"Nah, tin can, I like to keep it clean. And it helps that a Chloe model came here and cleaned it when I was... busy."

"What do you mean by busy? Busy at work?"

Busy drinking and sobbing.

"Yeah, sort of," I scratch the back of my neck before throwing my keys on the kitchen island and opening the fridge.

I shut it, seeing nothing good in there and open a cupboard. I grab out a pack of ramen and start to open them until Conan interrupts.

"Noodles for dinner?" Conan questions.

"Yeah, easy and fast," I shrug, not seeing a problem with having them for dinner.

"I could make you something better than that and I'm not even a housemaid Android," Conan snorts, sticking his hands in his pockets that I didn't notice he had.

"Oh yeah? Prove it," I say, setting the noodles back inside the cupboard.

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, "okay..."

He looked unsure of himself but the android walked forward and began digging through the cupboards.

His LED glowed yellow as he pulled out some taco shells that I had just recently bought.

"Tacos?" He suggests and I shrug.

"Whatever you can make," I giggle.

He stops for a second, gazing at me with twinkling eyes before I tilt my head a bit and snap my fingers, "Hey, you alright?" I question.

He blinks and nods to the question, going to the freezer to dig out some hamburger meat.

He takes a pan and puts the meat in it, not forgetting to turn on the stove. He then stands there, unsure of what to do next.

"Are you sure you know how to do this?" I tease.

"Of course," he says but I give him a doubting look; he glares in return.

"Okay, okay," I say, lifting my hands in defense. "I'm here if you need help."

"No, I have it. I just need to figure out what spices to put on the meat."

I raise an eyebrow before shaking my head with a grin.

"The first spice you can put in-"

"I am perfectly capable of making simple taco meat," he says and I chuckle, crossing my arms and letting him do his thing or whatever.

-

Half an hour passes and Conan rushes around, trying not to burn the meat not burn the tortillas.

I stand up and walk towards him, setting a calm hand on his chest. I turn around and click the stove off, taking the pan full of half over cooked meat and put it on a cooled part and pour water on the meat because it looked dry as hell. The tortillas I just throw away because they're burnt to a crisp.

He gives me a pout and I pat his shoulder, moving towards the fridge to grab out another pack of tortillas.

"It's okay, not everyone can cook."

I throw a tortilla on the stove and wait for it to start bubbling up before flipping it. They come out pretty good, a golden brown painted on certain spots.

"See? Just like that. And the meat I'm sure is fine, but you have to shut the stove off when it gets that dark of a brown. Also, you added way too much salt but I can just add more meat to it."

"I didn't know you knew how to cook."

"I cook dinner for myself sometimes. I just don't do it often because I get too tired."

He smiles at me, a real, genuine smile, "can you teach me how to make other foods? That way if you are too tired to cook, I could possibly make something for you."

I think about it for a minute and nod, "that's a great idea. Do you want a cook book so you can write all the steps down or can you just remember it?" I question, knowing I had an extra, empty book in the cupboard above the stove.

"I'll take the cook book just in case."

"Alright," I say, standing on my tippy toes to reach up and grab the book.

I fall back on my heels once I grasp it and hand it to Conan.

"You write the name of the food here and then you write the recipe down here. These things on the side are just to separate the meals from the desserts and such," I explain.

I glance towards him and he isn't paying attention to what I'm pointing out, he's just staring at me.

My face flushes and I hit him on the head lightly with the book, "pay attention, dumbass," I laugh.

•How was this?•