33

•I went back and fixed chapter 26 and 27 so that the setting was at an apartment building instead of a house like I had stupidly wrote. Sorry about that•

"How was your day off, Gav?" Tina comes up to me after I sit down at my desk.

I smile softly, not looking her way until I really think about it. A lot of shit happened in just two days. A lot more shit happened in about a week or two. Jesus... a week. How the hell does this much shit happen in a damn week?

"Absolutely... ugh. I don't know how to even explain it," I groan, hitting my head on the table repeatedly.

She laughs, getting the gist of what I was trying to say, "just call me later or we can go get a drink tonight and talk about everything."

"That sounds fan-fucking-tastic," I chuckle, lifting my head up and glancing towards her and then to Conan, who I knew was listening to us but doing his work he had missed.

"Officer Chen, there's someone here to speak with you," Chloe speaks, interrupting our conversation.

"See you later, Gav," Tina smiles, nodding towards Conan before following her android helper to the front.

I smile back, turning my body to my computer and going through missed files. Same old, same old. Homicides. A few suicides. Mostly human involvement shit. At least Androids are being more decent that other assholes.

"Detective Reed?" Conan calls, catching my attention.

"Hm?"

"Read the file I just sent you," my partner says in a serious voice, making me confused.

I open the file that had been sent to my computer and read through it, questions filling my head.

AGENCY NAME AGENCY QIR NUMBER
Detroit Police DPT PMA 940551
AGENCY CASE NUMBER REPORT DATE
64-259382 10/16/38
DATE OF OFFENSE
10/15/38

CASE REFERENCE:
Suicide

VICTIM:
Cávez, Mae Lum

WITNESS:
None

REPORTING OFFICER:
ID #5920 UNIT #448

CASE ASSIGNED TO:
Det. Reed
Conan [RK900 #313 248 317 - 87]

CASE STATUS:
OPEN

INVOLVING ANDROID:
No

"Fuck," I mumble to myself, "Cávez's wife? The guy who got murdered by a fucking spoon?"

Conan nods, "she apparently hadn't even come in for the interrogation. She refused and ran. We've been looking and didn't find her until they tracked her back to the house. She killed herself in the basement."

"Fucking christ," I shake my head. This was going to be a lot of paperwork, "why?"

"We're not sure, but it's mostly likely the fact that she just lost her husband."

"Do we have any reason to believe someone else set this up to make it look like a suicide?" I question, knowing that could be a possibility.

"No. She wrote a note, and it's her hand writing. It's a simple suicide. All the evidence points to her. They're closing the case now, unless you want to check it out," he suggests, not really seeming like he wanted to.

"No, if they checked it out, I think it's good. Have they found the android that killed her husband?"

"Yes. They found him a bit west of Battle Creek. He was dead. Lost too much thirium and had too many damages that he had to fix before he shut down," Conan explains, looking a bit... sad.

"Are you okay?" I question, keeping my voice low.

"Yes, why do you ask, Detective?" he wonders, but the glint in his eyes makes me understand.

"Nothing. Let's just go through a few more files. We're going to have a lot of paperwork once they close down that case," I respond, feeling the need to hold his hand, but holding back the urge.

"Indeed, we are."

•How was this?•