12

•Thank you guys so much for 7k!•

I stepped out of the shower, feeling awake and cleaner than before. The headache was still there but had dulled down from the relief I felt from the hot water.

I wrapped the towel around my waist, water droplets rolling off of me.

I opened the door, steam flooding out into the hallway. I went into my bedroom, completely forgetting that Conan was in there and holding the towel tight in my hand. I grabbed out my clothes and just went into the guest bedroom to change because the bathroom floor was too slippery.

After I was done, I went back into my room to wake Conan but he was already sitting up, blinking, but somewhere in space.

"Morning," I say with a monotone voice.

"Good morning, Gavin, did you rest well after your nightmare?" He questioned, standing up and running a hand through his hair. He muscles were very sharp and showed through his shirt well. The light that hit him from the outside morning sun had contrasted his features and I couldn't help but stare.

I nodded slowly, "y-yeah, I guess. I slept two hours straight without an alarm. I guess that's progress. But I have a question for you."

"Hm?" He replied, walking out into the kitchen with me following.

"I thought androids didn't need sleep or whatever. But you were 'asleep' longer than me."

"Oh, well, it's difficult to describe but androids do have a feeling of tiredness. Not while running or things to do with physical low energy, they do start getting low in mental energy. We're like a computer, after awhile, the battery starts getting low or it gets overheated so it needs a break."

"Oh, okay, got it," I said, kind of grasping part of the concept.

"Would you like me to make you breakfast?"

"Oh no, it's okay, it's okay," I laughed, not wanting him to burn down the apartment.

I stroll over to the freezer and pull out strawberry toaster strudels. They're the best. I turn on the toaster and pull them in, grabbing a plate while he heat up. When they pop up, I carefully take them out and place them on the plate, getting a butter knife to spread the glaze over them. Once I'm finished, I sit on a bar stool next to Conan.

I take a bite and close my eyes, missing the taste of these.

"These are my favorite," I say, letting out a big huff of breath and chewing slowly.

He chuckles softly, "I can tell."

"Mhm," I respond, trying to savor the flavor before taking another bite. The strawberry filling is sharp but the glaze calms it down.

I finish eating and grab my coat off of the back of the stool, slipping it on and grabbing my keys that I had left on the counter.

"Ready?" I ask and he nods.

I open the door and let him walk out first so I can close and lock the door.

We get to the car and I get in, the seat cold from not being sat on. Suddenly, a question pops into my head.

"When androids are sleeping, do they always move around?" I question, remembering his arm had been around me.

He sends me a strange look and the blue blush, just like yesterday, had appeared.

"N-no..." he stutters and I tilt my head.

Why was his arm around me then?

•How was this?•