3

As I finished off the last bottle, I was stumbling all over my apartment.

Tears were still falling down my cheeks and I was talking to myself about how I should've fought against the android better.

My phone suddenly rang and I glared at it, picking it up.

"What?" I say aggressively.

"Gavin?" A female voice says into the phone.

"Whaddya want, Tina?" I slur.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I heard you quit earlier and I was worried."

"I'm fine," I say, holding back the tears that I was shedding earlier.

"I'm on my way over with Chloe."

"No, I'm fine-"

"How many bottles of alcohol have you finished?" She asks.

"I don't know, there's like- one, two- three bottles on the floor and I'm holding an empty one."

"God, Gavin, you need to stop doing this to yourself. I'm one minute away. Go drink some water and set down that bottle."

"I know what's best for me and what's best for me is for me to get another bottle," I hang up the phone, letting out the leftover tears that remained in my eyes.

I sit down on the couch, dizziness taking over my vision.

I let out a sob, thinking about him once again.

"God, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault," I cry, throwing the empty bottle down onto the wooden floor, it making a loud thud.

"Gavin?" A voice calls out but I ignore it and I keep my head rested in my hands.

"Oh, Gavin," footsteps walk towards me and pull me into their arms.

I starting crying uncontrollably into her shoulder.

"I knew you weren't okay. What's wrong?" She holds my face and wipes away my tears.

I turn my head away from her, hating that she's seeing me cry but also thankful that she's here.

"It's him, isn't it?" I nod. "It wasn't your fault, you know it wasn't. I'm sorry that you're still hurting. I know it's not easy."

The lump in my throat prevents me from speaking.

"I know you don't like androids, but you like Chloe. You put up with Connor. You really need to give that android a chance, he might help you."

"It won't."

"You don't know that, he could."

I shake my head, frustrated and upset.

"You want something to eat? Maybe call Fowler and ask for your job back?" She suggests and I contemplate it in my head.

I shrug and she stands up, "I'll call Pizza Hut and then I can go pick it up. Chloe will stay here with you and make sure you don't drink anymore and you just rest."

"Okay," I respond with a weak voice.

•How was this?•