5

"Well well well, Anderson told me you'd call but I didn't think you would."

"Can I just have my job back?" I groan. It's been two days since the talk with Tina and Chloe. I hated asking for my job back but I knew I couldn't survive if I didn't have it.

"You never lost it. You just took a couple days off. You're welcome. You can come in today later. The android's name is Conan. And Reed, I know what happened was hard, but this'll be good for you, okay?"

"Mhm," I sigh softly, "I'm sorry you have to deal with me every week. It's just..."

"I know, Gavin, you don't have to explain it to me. Just be here today," he hangs up and I set my phone down, rubbing my face.

It was currently 9am and I planned to go in at 11. I wasn't looking forward to meeting this thing but I had to.

-

I got out of my car and slammed the door shut. I felt nervous. My stomach was aching at the thought of meeting the android.

I was like this as well when I met Chloe and Connor but that was different. They had partners and a real relationship with those people. This new one, I have to meet with no one by my side for support. I'm always nervous whenever I see an android, especially deviants. And though I'm slightly scared of them, I hide it very well.

I push open the door and walk through the gates, letting the machine scan my ID.

It lets me into the office part of the department and I see my desk hasn't been touched. But there is an android standing there with his hands folded neatly in front of him.

I tense my shoulders and dig my nails into my palms, taking in a small breath.

"You my new partner, tin can?" I ask smoothly.

"If you are Detective Reed, then yes," he says.

His voice is deeper than Conner's and he has a wider face. He looks more serious. He's more intimidating. He's definitely taller. And he has lifeless, grey eyes with a blue tint.

He had his jacket laying across a chair in the desk just in front of mine. He wore a long sleeve, black, turtle neck along with black pants.

It actually looked nice on him.

I sit down and my head goes fuzzy for a split second before going clear again.

"You seem to be sleep deprived, do you need to anything or can we look at these cases?"

"Don't fuckin scan me, dipshit. Get me a coffee," I said. I didn't mean to me nasty but it's a force of habit.

"You'll have to be nicer than that if you want me to do shit for you, Reed," he says with annoyance laced in his voice.

"Excuse me?" I ask in a surprised voice. I didn't expect him to be so aggressive. "Well sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. The past couple days have been rough and I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk back to me."

"Yeah? Well I'd appreciate it if you used manners but we don't all get what we want, now do we?"

I sat there dumbfounded. How the hell was I supposed to work with this asshole?

•How was this?•

____

Important: Please quit commenting about RK900's name. It's highly annoying. I used the name for a reason. Leave it alone. I don't care if you like another name better. Quit commenting about it. It's MY book.