17

"What?" Conan questions and it immediately makes me feel guilty. Selfish actually sounds more like it.

Even though it isn't technically kissing, it would make me closer to him. I don't want go through that again. I don't want to get attached and then have him be ripped away from me.

"Why?" He asks.

Why? Why? I... fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I need to get over Danny. I need to. I can't hang onto him forever. It'll get me no where. For 3 years, I've been mourning him. Even when everyone else has gotten over it. Now it's my turn.

I shake my head, looking up at him, "do it. do it before I change my mind."

He nods and leans down, stopping just before our lips touch. My breath is shaky and my hands urge to pull him closer.

"It'll only take a minute," he says before his lips crash onto mine, making my body jolt at the feeling.

My eyes slip closed and my heart pounds against my ribs. My hands tremble as I hold onto his jacket. His lips are surprisingly soft as they move against mine. It feels like a real kiss. Not just him filtering the gas or whatever.

I can feel the burning go away in my throat and my headache fades away. Though my legs still feel weak. But that's probably because of him...

His arms, that were still around me, slide down to grasp my waist. I remember this feeling. The feeling of myself living in the clouds. The feeling of having someone there. Of having someone care and love me. The thought almost brings tears to my eyes.

Wow. Day two of having him in my life and he's already kissing me. Just wonderful.

Conan pulls away and I open my eyes to see that his face is covered with a blue blush. My already pink face blossoms into a deep red and my ears feel like melting off.

"Th-thanks..." I finally say, looking down and stepping away from his body.

"Are you feeling better? Your heart rate seems to have sped up-"

"I'm fine. L-let's get back to work. We should warn Fowler and tell him that we need to have guys with hazmat suits go clear out the gas in the house. We don't need people dying."

"Yes, you're right. I'll do that. You should probably sit down, maybe look at some more cases," he responds.

"Yeah... listen Conan- erm, never mind," I changed my words so quickly that he gave me a look full of confusion.

"What is it, Gavin?" He asks, my name sliding smoothly off of his synthetic tongue.

"Nothing, nothing. I'll go look at some cases," I speed out of there, almost bumping into Chris.

"Whoa Gav, you okay?" He quizzes. "Lookin' a little re-"

Conan cuts him off by walking out from the bathroom. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Chris' face tells me a thought has sparked in his mind and I quickly think of something.

"Yeah, just feeling sick. Anyway, I've got to go look at a case. See ya," I keep my head down as I walk back to my desk and slouch in the chair, wanting to disappear at the moment.

•How was this?•