Chapter 17

Song: "Just One Day" by BTS

I didn't know what to think, what to feel, what to expect, but all I knew was that time couldn't go by slower and my body couldn’t have been more numb. I could hear every sound yet couldn't ear a thing, see every detail in the flat yet my vision was a blur.

Time went by, seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours. Three. Three total hours I sat in silence. I don’t know how I went from the kitchen to the couch, but somehow I got there. Somehow my feet carried me to the sofa. I didn't understand how my body, creating life, could fee so utterly lifeless and dead. Three hours I was like this, until I felt hands on my cheeks and familiar brown eyes came into my line of vision.

"Liam?" I muttered, barely audible.

"Lexi what's wrong?" he asked with concern.

"You…  You" tears were forming in my already wet eyes, and my words came out unsteady and trembling. "I thought… you didn’t want… you left… l thought that was um, it…that you had gone-"

"Wait," he cut me off. "You thought I had left you, because you are pregnant?"

All I could give him was a nod.

"Lexi," he shook his cast-down head and looked at me with a broad smile, watery eyes, and a laugh in his tone. "You are so wrong. I love you, but you are so wrong."

I was still in my trance and didn't understand what he meant and simply stared at him blank-faced.

"I love you so much, and when you told me you were pregnant, I went out to by prenatal vitamins, healthy foods, a body pillow for you and dark chocolate. I've read somewhere that it is extremely important for women to start taking prenatal vitamins as soon as they find out they are pregnant and I figured you would probably want a body pillow, and since you already have an addiction to dark chocolate I figured you would probably crave that and want some, so while I was buying the dark chocolate I figured I should pick up some healthy groceries since you are eating for two and want to eat stuff that we are sure will build a strong and healthy baby."

I took in every word he said and the more he spoke, the more life was restored into my face and my body and my senses and a smile broke out across my face. "Liam? Have I ever told you that I am the luckiest girl in the world."

"I wouldn't say that," he replied. "But I for sure the luckiest man alive." He can be so cheesy sometimes, but that is another reason why I fell so hard for him.

He pulled me to my feet and embraced me in a warm kiss before lifting me off my feet and spinning me around. "We are having a baby," he whispered as my feet softly touched the ground.

"We are having a baby," I repeated his words with a smile touching the corners of my lips.

Liam let go of me and immediately ran outside of the flat and shouted at the top of his lungs "MY WIFE AND I ARE PREGNANT, AND WE ARE HAVING A BABY! WOOOO!"

A man across the street shouted a few profanities at my husband's outburst while the rest of the people who heard him replied with a thumbs up, smile, or odd glance.

"Liam, I love you."

"I love both of you," he smiled as he walked up to me and put his hand on my tummy. "Wow, there is a person in there."

"Oh my goodness that is so weird to think about!"

"We created the person that is living inside you."

"Okay, now that sounded really weird," I laughed at his word choice. "You make it sound like… a legitimate human is living in me that we crafted."

"But that's exactly what it is," he smiled.

"I suppose that's right, isn't it? Wow, that's really odd."

"It is, but I couldn't be more excited." He pulled me closer and kissed my lips ever so softly.

"I'm not so excited for the gaining weight and birthing part, but other than that, I am too."

"I will be right beside you the whole time love, and don't ever think ever again that I have left, because I will never leave you, Lex. Never."

"I believe you," I replied, because I did believe him, and I knew he would always be there for me. I felt silly about earlier when I thought he had actually left, I just… my thoughts and worry got the best of me, but I would never think that again, I know Liam, and Liam is the best man in the world, and I am so lucky to call him the father of my child.

______Author's Note________

****Please read because I feel bad******

Soooo in efforts to get this up sooner, I did not edit it! So I apoligize for any grammar or spelling errors! I love you all and I am so so so sorry for not uploading sooner even though I told you all I would, I feel so bad! Please stick with me because I won't give up on this series! I am going to finish it regardless of how long it takes me, and I am so so sorry it takes me like a month to get up one chapter a I will try harder to make the chapters come sooner! I love you all so so so much -AgAu52