Chapter 7

Song: "Haunt//Bed" by The 1975 (I know I've already used them but it works and I love them:))

Lexi's POV:

"Wait," Caitlin spoke with a hand on her head. Clearly in concentration, "We aren't the only one's who know about the software, Sydney. What about the men who worked with Andrew?"

"They are in custody. They have no access to technology and are under guard 24/7, they didn't do it. And there is no possible way they could have told anyone because… well, we gave them a good enough reason not too. As for Andrew…" that name still sent a shiver up my spine. I loathed that name and the person who had once possessed it.

Sydney paused and looked over to Harry. Harry stared back at her with what appeared to be pleading/worried eyes, and Sydney sighed before continuing, "well, you all know about that. That leaves the people sitting at this table."

"You said there were people at the MI6 who controlled it, how can you rule them out?" I asked with small hope that the people around me could possibly be cleared.

"Well let's start with that there are multiple people controlling it. I wouldn't be stupid enough to give the all the information about it to one person and let them control it. Each person has one code, in some cases two, and they know only a certain piece of it and what it does. No one, aside from us, know it's full capabilities. For example, one person has a certain job, when he types in a code he has to get a certain code back each time and a green light; yet he had no idea what that code and green light is doing. If he gets the wrong code or a different color light back, he reports it and the person responsible for re-booting it has to re-boot it, but all he knows is how to re-boot it. It's a process. Of course they all know it's extremely important to the MI6, and under their oath, they aren't allowed to share the information they know with anyone but me and people I instruct them to tell. There is no way they could begin to steal it cause there are so many people constantly looking over it and doing their job right next to them. This had to be done from a separate computer, a computer that has a connection to MI6 computers and the software. The only people with those computers are Andy and Louis." Sydney paused to draw in air before continuing on her reasoning and evidence. "However, people filter in and out of both of your houses, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Louis, didn't you say that you got yourself a laptop for Christmas because your old one was stolen a little before then?"

"That's right, and I backed up my hard drive onto the new Mac and I was able to wipe the data and motherboard from the Dell using the serial number and hacking into the Dell hard drive… and, well, computer stuff. But essentially, I wasn't able to clear everything from the Dell until after Christmas, when I bought the Mac. Oh, and the Dell was stolen in early December I believe, or late November." Louis informed the group before running his fingers through his tussled brown hair.

"LOUIS!! IT TOOK YOU THAT LONG TO GET A COMPUTER?" Andy's shouts were back. "DO YOU REALIZE HOW IRRISPONSIBLE THAT IS!! THAT MAKES ME THINK IT'S YOU, YOU BAFFOON! YOU FREAKING WAITED ALMOST A MONTH TO WIPE A STOLEN COMPUTER WITH SOME OF THE MOST VALUABLE DATA AND INFORMATION IN THE WORLD! WHY LOUIS? EXPLAIN YOURSELF BECAUSE THIS ISN'T LOOKING GOOD!"

"YEAH ANDY I DID IT ON PURPOSE! I DID IT EVERYONE! Andy, WHAT THE HELL? I clearly didn't think one of you would steal it! I didn't think the stealer would know anything about the software considering that the only people who know are people whom I love and cherish! I thought I could have waited a year to get a new computer before the stealer could have found anything remotely close to the software by accident! In order to find it, trace it to the MI6 and wipe it from the MI6 database,  not only do you have to be extremely good with computers, but you have to know what you are looking for! Have to know about the software… ANDY! THAT POINTS TO YOU!" Louis shouted back, his face turning red as his anger and annoyance with his partner grew.

"WHY WOULD I STEAL YOUR COMPUTER WHEN I HAVE MY OWN WITH THE SAME SOFTWARE!"

"I DON'T KNOW TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WASN'T YOU!"

"GENTLEMEN!" It was Harry's turn to slam his fist to the table and scream in anguish. "We don't have any sufficient evidence that the Dell laptop was even the computer that wiped the software. Like Sydney said, they were untraceable. Considering that laptop was Louis; therefore most likely untraceable because he makes everything under the radar, there is a very good chance it could have been done from that computer. However, it could have just as well been done from the computer in this very flat."

"I just don't understand," Tom said shaking his head as he got up from the table and started toward the fish-tank floor that lead to the kitchen door.

"Where do you think your going?!" Andy asked, his face just as red and angered as before.

"To get a glass of water because I kind of can't wrap my head around the fact that one of you all… my closest friends… did this!! HOW!?" with that he was through the door and everyone resumed their panicked expressions and wondering eyes looking for any hint of a traitor.

Silence. A sob coming from Grae. More silence. A grunt of anguish escaping Caitlin's lips as she pulled at her long black hair. Andy's fist connecting with the table before storming into the kitchen after Tom.

"YOU CAN'T JUST GET UP AND LEAVE!! YOU CAN'T JUST SAY 'YOU ALL' LIKE YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY OUT OF QUESTION! IT COULD JUST AS WELL BE YOU!" Andy's enraged screams were heard through the slate door, making the whole table stiffen.

"LOOK ANDY I'M JUST AS PISSED AS YOU!!! I RISKED MY LIFE FOR THAT FREAKING SOFTWARE! NOT ONCE OR TWICE, BUT MULTIPLE TIMES! TO PROTECT AN OBJECT! NOT EVEN A FREAKING HUMAN, BUT AN OBJECT!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK I'D BE THE ONE TO STEAL SOMETHING IM SUPPOSED TO DIE FOR!? But I'm not going to immediately point a finger at someone. I can positively say 'you all' because I didn't do it. You will see. I DIDN'T DO IT!" Tom's voice was just a ferocious as Andy's, and when he stormed back into the dining area, his face was blotchy and his eyes damp. He was so angry, overwhelmed, and blindsided that he had worked himself to tears. I had never seen Tom cry, ever. And because of this, I could eliminate him from being a possible traitor. Tom was loyal, trustworthy, and a friend. According to what I felt, what I saw, what I knew, Tom was cleared.

_______Author's Note________

What do you think!!! Does anyone think they know who it is!? I will direct message you a spoiler for the end of this book if you get it right!:)

You all's comments literally make me so flipping happy that I could pee my pants! I love you all so much and this chapter's dedication goes to @sheyanneloves1D But seriously thank you all for all the beautiful comments they make my life!

***75 votes AND 2 MORE COMMENTS! Until reveal of book 5 title!:)