Chapter 12

Song: La La La by Naughty Boy (feat. Sam Smith)

Lexi's POV:

It had been a little over a year since the dreaded dinner, not much had happened aside from some birthdays including Grae's 18th. There was a whole court case on whether she should be transferred from the juvenile sentence because she was legally an adult; however, our side won since the crime was committed while she was still underage.  Aside from that, nothing eventful had really happened, but today was my birthday… My 21st birthday.

"EWW you're so old!" Louis shouted as he walked through the flat door with a giant present in his arms.

I laughed in return with my smart remark, "Oh, coming from the 26 year old!? Right, I'm the old one." I shot him a cheeky wink and a smirk before he could come tackle me in a giant hug.

"Don't test me Payne," he teased. "Happy birthday though kid."

"So I'm a kid now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That's right," he said matter-o-factly as he flopped onto the sofa.

"Okay Tomlinson, we'll see who the kid is."

Louis raised an eyebrow at me, but with my pointing to the box of customized 'Lexi' shot glasses on the table, he understood what I meant. "Who got you those?"

"My mom sent them to me, she thought they may come in handy tonight."

"She was right." Louis smirked; he winced when Hayley quickly swatted his shoulder.

"Happy Birthday, Lex," Hayley offered with a sweet smile.

The rest of the gang piled into Liam and I's flat, and the music was cranked up. Kevin, Sean, Jessica, Olivia, Hayley, Louis, James, Tom, Andy, Harry, Liam, Caitlin, Kristina, Niall, Zayn, Neil, Libby, and I made up the booming party. The music was loud, and the alcohol was strong. We danced and partied like never before and I'm pretty sure Niall was dared to pee out the window and actually followed through with it. We were all wasted and ended up falling asleep somewhere in the living area because Liam refused to let anyone drive home and didn't want them to have to pay for a cab, so it was definitely a groggy morning.

"Good morning love," Liam whispered as he handed me a glass of water.

"Where is everyone?" I asked looking around the almost empty flat. Only Harry, Kristina, and Niall were left.

"They all went home, It's one in the afternoon babe."

"Ohh," I felt slightly embarrassed that I had been sleeping for so long. "Sorry," I added messaging my aching head. Hangovers weren't fun.

Liam turned on his heel to go back into the kitchen, but a question arose in my mind. "Who won? Me or Louis?"

"What?" he asked clearly confused.

"We had a bet, we decided that whoever was truly the 'kid' couldn't handle 21 shots. And since on your 21st birthday you are supposed to have 21 shots throughout the whole night, Louis and I said whoever got to 21 shots would win and the loser would have to buy them diner."

Liam just simply laughed and kissed my forehead. "That was an unfair bet."

"Why?"

"Louis has much more experience drinking than you. Honey, you were completely wasted after 8 and you took those over the course of 3 hours and I refused to let you drink more. You did have a few mixed drinks though!"

I sighed at my failure to master the 21 on your 21st, but I had to know if Louis beat me. "Do you know how many Louis had?"

"I'm pretty sure he had around 16 shots? But that was over the course of the whole night; he was completely wasted as well, poor lad." Liam shook his head as he started back into the kitchen.

"Thank you," I shot him a light smile.

He looked over his shoulder back at me. "You don't need to thank me."

"Well thank you anyway, for throwing this huge party and being so good to me. I love you Liam."

"I love you more," he replied sweetly; however I was hoping for something else. So I egged him on.

"Prove it."

___Author's Note________

Guys I am so sorry it took me so long to update, but I love this chapter! EEEPP! And I promise this is not the end of all of the action in the series and there is much more to come! I am so so so so sorry you all have to wait so long for updates, but once we get into June you all should be getting them pretty much every other day! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Please vote and comment!

Dedication: Even though she is still on Pearl, dedication goes to @DiamondGirl23 because she has voted for literally every chapter she has read and it has made me so happy!!:-)

Love you all, and sorry again for the long wait!:) -AgAu52