Chapter 11

Song: "Breathe Me" by Sia

"Good thinking Styles," Sydney commended me with a pat on the back. "Would you like to bring her in?"

I stood up shaking my head as I headed for the main room. I stopped in the door way, and everyone's eyes darted to me, looking for an answer. I ducked my head and drew in a deep breath before speaking, "We are going to need to conduct a few more interviews."

"But we've all already talked to the both of you," Hayley said with worried eyes.

"I know, and I'm sorry." I shook my head again before looking into Grae's big brown eyes and couldn't help but see past the mask of innocence she was putting up. "Grae, will you please come back into the room?"

She stood and smoothed out the pleats of her scalloped pencil skirt. We walked back into the room and sat down waiting for Sydney to speak, but she didn't. She sat staring daggers into Grae's watering eyes. It was painful to be in this silence, but I knew Sydney had a reason for taunting the young girl.

"What did… you need to ask me?" Grae asked, never letting her eyes leave Sydney's intimidating glare.

"Oh, I was actually waiting for you to tell me the truth," Sydney smiled coldly at Grae's pale figure.

"Look, I told you what I thought, I told you all I could tell you and… I shouldn't even be here. You should have just waited and gotten evidence, waited for the laptop to be found or something."

"What was that?" Sydney's voice was getting louder as she continued to wait for Grae to admit to the crime.

"I just thought… you could've waited until… you said you had people searching our places," her hands were visibly starting to shake and a small bead of sweat had formed on her flushed face.

"Yes, but what makes you think we would find the laptop? How did you know they were going to find the laptop at Hayley's place?"

"I… I don't…"

"You've been there with Louis before yes?" Sydney was now standing and circling Grae's chair.

"Yes, but…"

"Which means you know where it is?"

"Yeah, but I…"

"And because she knows you she never would think you would be going to her place to hide a stolen computer right?"

"But…"

"So please tell me how is it you knew someone was going to find the laptop!? And why you so adamantly blamed Hayley! And why you devised such a random and unrealistic motive so people would fall for it and think it was her!!?"

"I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE GOING TO HAVE THIS DINNER? I THOUGHT ONCE YOU FOUND THE COMPUTER AT HER PLACE YOU WOULD ARREST HER!"

Sydney raised an eyebrow at the fuming girl who had immediately clamped a hand over her mouth. I was still blindsided by the outcome of all of this.

"So you thought, no one would suspect you at all right? You thought Hayley would just immediately get thrown away? WHY! Why would you want that? Why would you try to ruin all that your brother has worked so hard for?"

"HE FORGOT ABOUT ME! I'm sorry! I never wanted all of this to happen! He was spending all his time with Hayley! I didn't get to go to parties with him anymore or go to movies with him or hang out with him because he was always with her! I didn't know what else to do! BUT FINE! YOU WIN! I STOLE IT! Although I regret ever thinking about stealing it," tears were pouring from her eyes onto her flaming cheeks as she sat, guilty in the chair before us. I didn't know how Louis would take this at all. He would be so disappointed, but the good thing is that she is only 17; her sentence would be shortened a ton and she would be in the juvenile sector.

Sydney was on her mobile within a second informing headquarters to come and pick Grae up, and that she had gotten the confession on record. And I was left to wait for the federal agents that would take her away.

It only took 5 minutes. 5 minutes for four agents to enter Andy's flat, barge into the MI6 room, and put Grae in hand-cuffs.

Louis' POV:

Endless time passed. I was so confused. Agents showed up and burst through the MI6 doors while my sister was in there. I had no idea what was happening. Then seconds later, I saw her; my little sister who I loved and cared for, hand-cuffed. Her eyes were glossy and apologetic as she looked at me and only me. A tall man held a gun to her back and led her out of the room and to the phone-booth exit. Finally it registered as I saw her about to step into the elevator with the agent, she was being arrested.

Tears immediately poured from my eyes and my whole body went numb, I ran to the elevator shaking and completely baffled. "Grae, no no. You didn't, please… no." I couldn't speak, I needed her to tell me this was for something else, for her cussing out Sydney or something. She couldn't have stolen the software. My sister couldn't have done this.

"Louis," she sobbed as she stopped in her tracks. "I'm sorry," she pleaded. "I didn't know what else to do. I'm sorry, Louis! I never thought you'd find out it was me! Please don't hate me, Louis. I'm so sorry." She was able to choke out the words as she was forced onto the metal phone booth and the door was slammed behind her and the tall man. I watched her through the glass with my hands pressed to hers through the barrier. I couldn't understand. Then the glass turned slate and she began to move up and away from me, away from explaining.

"WHY??" I screamed and sobbed as I dropped down to my knees. "HOW COULD YOU!? My sister… GRAE!" I still couldn't register everything that was happening, how could she do this to me, I have given her so much! I have loved, treated, cared, and spoiled her so much and I have never betrayed her! "NOOOO THERE HAS TO BE A MISTAKE! NOOOOOO!" I whaled uncontrollably before I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me and pull me to their embrace. I didn’t know who it was at the moment, but I was able to stop my screaming and cry into their warm shoulder. I held on to the muscular back and shoulder of my friend and sobbed. My sister had been taken away, for the unthinkable. My sister had committed treason, not only against the country, but against me.

Lexi's POV:

I was in my chair crying as I watched the scene before me. Everyone was stunned and immobile as Louis shouted in agony for his sister. I was dumbfounded. He was dumbfounded. No one was expecting this.

Liam, the only one who pushed the numbness and complete shock away, ran to Louis' aid and let him cry in his shoulder. I always admired my husband for his kind and compassionate heart. I watched as tears gathered in Liam's eyes as he tried to offer comfort to his friend. The saddened boy calmed down, a little, but it was for sure that this night came as an astonishment to us all.

____Author's Note_____

Were you all surprised!?

IMPORTANT!**:

Sorry it took so long for me to update, I have been extremely busy with school and extracurricular things and really everything! But I refuse to put this story on hold. So I will finish Moonstone, Onyx, and Book 6, then take a break. But trust me, there are many many more stories to come which I need names for some people!! So comment names you would like to appear in coming soon stories!