Chapter 16

Song: "Salt" by Bad Suns

"You have to tell him," Harry admitted while cooking us breakfast.

"I know," I sighed. "Thanks for everything, Haz."

"Lex, you know you are always welcome here. You are like a sister to me." He smiled which filled me with comfort. Harry had always been there for me like a brother, and I would always be grateful of for that.

I ate the beautifully prepared crêpes Harry set in front of me before we drove back to my flat.

"Good luck," he encouraged with a smile.

"Thanks Haz." I squeezed his hand before getting out of the car and heading up to the apartment I dreaded to enter.

"Liam? I'm home!" I shouted as I entered the pristinely clean and fresh living room.

"Babe?" he came into the room adorning only a pair of grey trousers that hung much lower than where they were supposed to. "How was last night?" he asked while embracing me in a large hug and softly kissing my lips.

"Good!" I breathed nervously, failing at keeping my cool.

"How was the show?"

"It was awesome, we had a really great time."

"Are you okay, love?" His eyes radiated sympathy and worry as he rubbed his hands up and down my sides.

"Yeah, I just… um… would you care if I maybe used the loo really quickly? I'll come right back."

"Are you going to get sick again, Lex? Maybe we should take you to the doctor." He suggested.

"No, I am feeling a lot better actually! I just have to pee," I laughed before slipping from his arms and walking across the flat to our bathroom.

The pregnancy test I had bought came with two sticks, and I saved the other one to take later and see if it was just something I ate that maybe threw it off. So I pulled the packaged stick from the depths of my bag and tried it for a second time.

Again, the endless weight ended in my heart sinking when I saw the pink plus sign. Instead of discarding the stick, I figured it would be a whole lot easier to just show it to Liam instead of trying to find the words to say.

Hesitantly, I emerged from the bathroom with my whole body shaking. I was so worried about what his reaction would be, what he would say, what he would want to do about it. I didn't want to tell him, but I also wanted to get it over with. My grip on the test was so tight I probably would have crushed it had I held any tighter; as I approached Liam I shifted it behind my back. I guess he heard my footsteps because turned from digging in the fridge to face me the second I entered the kitchen, and his face immediately went pale.

He rushed to me and swiped a tear away from my cheek that I hadn’t realized escaped. "Love, what’s wrong? Are you sick? What happened?" he asked with utmost concern.

"I… I'm… it was… we didn't… um…" My body felt numb and the lump in my throat felt like it was my stomach. I felt like I was going to pass out. I couldn't do it, but if I stalled much longer I would never do it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, failing to steady my shaking, numb body. "Liam, I guess…" I closed my eyes and more tears came. It was too difficult to even give an introduction so I mustered up the only confidence and strength I had left to shakily bring the test into his view. He delicately took it in both hands and carefully analyzed the stick; when he looked up at me, his eyes held tears. I had no idea what they meant or what his blank face and dropped-jaw meant either because I was too focused on trying not to pass out.

Liam instantly turned around and threw the test away before running back to our bedroom. I couldn't move.

He emerged after what felt like an eternity and I was still in the exact same position, but he for sure wasn't. He was dressed in black skinny jeans, a Nirvana shirt, white high-top sneakers, toped of with the car keys in his hands. He strode over to me, face still emotionless aside from the tears running down his cheeks, and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving the flat.

He left.

_____Author's Note______

Sorry it took me so long to update! I was in California! But anyway, I hope this was worth the wait! What do you all think about Liam leaving!?? Please let me know in the comments and please continue to vote! I love you so much - AgAu52