Chapter 2

Song: "Kiss me" by Ed Sheeran

[I extremely recommend listening to this as you read! Either put on replay, or start listening to it after it switches from Liam's POV back to Lexi's:)]

Lexi's POV:

The rest of the night was filled with laughter and happy memories. I shoved a frosting covered bite of cake into Liam's face. Liam danced around a chair I sat in before seductively raising my leg and sliding the garter off with his long index finger; he slung the garter over his shoulder landing in Zayn's hands who later wore over his trousers on his own leg. I threw my bouquet and it happened to land in the hands of a very drunk Louis. Everyone danced with happiness as music poured from the speakers near the dance floor.

Finally, it was time for Liam and I to be ushered into a sleek vintage mustang as the people around us threw confetti into the air clapping and cheering as we drove away from the spectacular castle.

Liam reached across the center console of the car and laced our fingers together. "It feels weird wearing a ring," he admitted with a cute laugh.

I tried to hide the smile staring to form due to his amazing laugh, but my dimples gave me away. "I love you," he whispered after another chuckle vibrated through his chest.

"I love you more," I sincerely stated. I loved him with everything I had.

The rest of the car ride was quiet aside from the hum of the engine and the soft sound Michael Bublé music playing through the speakers.

The car came to a stop for a brief moment near the resort entrance as Liam spoke slowly, in a language I'd never heard, to a man whom had run up to the car as soon as we arrived. He handed Liam a key attached to a tassel and a circular piece of leather branded with the number "15." Liam resumed driving, but pulled around the back of the large building into what appeared to be a village of small cottages. We continued driving until we reached the end of the village road. Then I spotted the small cottage with the number 15 Plastered to the light blue door.

Liam quickly exited the car and ran to the trunk to retrieve all of our luggage in one trip. When I saw him trying to run to the door with the luggage I giggled and attempted to make my way out of the vehicle in my restricting wedding gown. "Let me help you with that!" I yelled as a gust of cold air rushed around my body instantly raising goosebumps.

"NO!" he yelled fumbling with the keys. He managed to open the door and get our bags inside before I even made it to the walkway. He sprinted to my side and swooped me up bridal style with ease. "Let me be a proper and traditional man will ya?" his warm lips asked against my cold ear. A shiver ran down my spine, but rolled out my mouth as a giggle while I clung to the man holding me.

He carried me over the threshold and gently set me down on a beautiful couch across from an already crackling fire. The orange flames were beautiful and filled the cottage with a romantic and warm feeling. Suddenly, a nervous feeling hitched in my throat and stomach. I was elated, scared, nervous, excited, overjoyed, and anxious all at the same time and I felt like I was going to explode. "Liam?" my voice cracked. "Do you mind helping me out of my dress so I can use the loo?"

Liam's shaky fingers eventually undid all of the buttons, causing the material to almost slip down my shoulders. I turned to place a kiss on his cheek before walking, with my dress held in place, to the huge bathroom. There, I stepped out of the amazing dress and found a hanger and a dress bag in the closet to keep it safe until I could properly store it away when I returned to London. I grabbed a towel and tightly wrapped it around my body as I quickly ran out of the bathroom to grab the bag that held all of my toiletries and returned as fast as I could, but I didn't miss Liam laughing at me.