Chapter 8

Song: "Bad Books" by Forest Whitaker

Lexi's POV

"I need a drink," Louis stated as he tugged on his hair.

"I'll get you one," Andy breathed, immediately getting up from the table and storming off to the kitchen.

"I just don't understand." The whisper slipped from Caitlin's parted lips as she concentrated on the wall in front of her.

"Got it," Zayn said loudly, shoving his phone toward Sydney.

Sydney peered down at the small iphone with pursed lips as she examined what was before her. "Well this proves you were in Bradford, we will need confirmation that you didn't have Louis computer however."

"I promise we didn't do it!" Zayn pleaded. "I know I'd never do anything to intentionally hurt someone, and Caitlin is one of the most trustworthy people I know!"

"Evidence Zayn! We can't just take your word! we have to have solid evidence that can completely rule you out. I would never guess either of you to do this, but then again, I wouldn't guess that anyone in this room would do it! But someone did. And I'm going to figure it out."

Andy returned with 5 bottles of beer in his hands. He placed one in front of Louis and 3 in the center of the table for people to grab. "Really Andy? Moonshine?" Louis teased as he twisted the cap off with his bare hand.

"What? I like the taste," Andy shrugged as he sat back down in his seat and twisted the cap off his own beer.

Louis simply shook his head as he took a swig from the cold, glass bottle.

"How can we solve this?" I asked, unable to stand the anticipation of not knowing any longer.

"Motive. Go through the room, develop a motive for each person. Then alibi. We see who checks out. And evidence. We currently have two agents in each of your flats searching for the lap top. And if you are going to get all defensive, we have warrants. Oh, and Harry, would you do the honors of searching Mr. Samuel's flat?" Sydney said with a smirk as she saw Andy's eyebrows furrow in anger.

"Of course," Harry happily obliged as he got up from the table.

"Hulk, don't go all green giant on my place, yeah? I just had a maid come," Andy said after sighing in defeat.

"Yeah, no problem. I'll try to keep it neat," Harry said with a nod before heading to the fish-tank floor that would lead him to the rest of the place.

"So, while he is out doing that, I guess we can discuss something else."

"And what is that exactly?" Grae asked Sydney, clearly annoyed at the whole situation.

"Discuss the punishments for the person who stole it. Which follows: prison. This is a federal offense and will be punished with a sentence of 30 years in federal prison. Of course, if one of you speaks up, I can do something to lighten that sentence to say… 20 years. So, if you committed this crime, and would like 10 years less of a sentence, go ahead and speak up now." The room was silent as eyes roamed around the room trying to find a guilty face, an evil heart, something. But there was nothing. "Fine then, just know we will find who it is, and the sentence will be 30 years in prison. And it's not the kind of prison you want to be in."

"Who wants to be in any prison?" Tom spat. "I mean honestly, name one person who would actually want to be put behind bars."

"It was a figure of speech Tom. As in, if you could choose any prison or jail in the world, the one the culprit will be forced into, is not top of the list." Sydney bit out her words clearly angered by Tom's outburst of sarcasm.

"I'm sorry, I just… this is pissing me off!" Tom yelled as he dropped his head into his hands.

"You aren't the only one who risked your life for it Tom! Only one person did it! Aside from you and the person, there are 9 other people who are just as pissed and annoyed with some anonymous friend as you! So stop okay!" Caitlin bellowed with her fists clenched on the table top.

Tom just sighed and placed his head back in his hands.

We waited. Two hours we waited. Then Harry came back to search this area of the flat. The bar area, the sitting area, the MI6 restricted room behind the French doors, the dining room. 30 minutes of us watching him continue his search and nothing. He sat down, not upset at not finding anything, just tired.

"Nothing?" Sydney asked for confirmation.

"Nothing," Harry replied softly.

"See I told you I didn't do it!" Andy jumped from his chair taking an unclaimed moonshine beer from the center of the table. His lips formed a smile as he popped off the cap and took a swig.

"Do you really think, that just because we didn’t find the laptop here that you are ruled out?" Harry's eyebrow was raised in disbelief that the overzealous man, despite all of his training, seemed to think he was off the hook that easy. "What if you disposed of it? What if you stole the software from your computer and the person who stole Louis' laptop really was some random person that had no idea the software existed!"

Andy's smile immediately turned into a frown, "I'm sorry, I just… I didn't do it okay? I don't like even being a suspect at all because I know I didn't do it and it puts me on the defense!"

"Andy everyone is on the defense here," Liam interjected.

"Point taken."

"Enough, now let us get down to business. We will start with motive. Whoever we are discussing, we will send into that room since it's sound proof," Sydney pointed to the MI6 room that was concealed by the lovely glass doors. "While you are in there, we will be discussing possible motives. Since couples are subjective to their love interests, if your love interest is here, you will go out as a pair and the rest of us will take that time to individually discuss your motive, then discuss the possibility of your motives as a team. The first person to go out is… Andy."

____Author's note____

IMPORTANT IF YOU WANNA KNOW STUFF! So here is the run down until you all find out who did it, the next chapter I will give you all enough information to make an educated guess, the chapter after that, the characters will make educated guesses, the chapter after that will be where you find out who done it:) so, if you guess and guess right, after it is revealed, I will promote one of your stories on twitter, and in an author's note of this story! If you don't have a story, I will send you some huge spoilers for the remainder of the series!!!:))) (Superman Landshark, you know who you are, and you aren't allowed to guess considering you already know:D love you)

Dedication goes to: @purplepanda12702 But for everyone reading, I seriously love reading your all's comments! they make my life so literlly you can comment anyting and it will make me happy:)) Love you all:))

******75 total votes until I reveal the title of book 5!!!!