Chapter 3

Song: "Centered on You" by Atlas Genius

The beaming rays of light seeped through the exposed windows onto my skin warming my body. My senses began to wake up and the first thing that came was sound, the sound of water running. Smell, the sent of freshly burnt wood and pine mixed with fresh linen. Touch, the bed was warm and soft beneath me, and the fabric of the soft cotton sheets was smooth against my body. Then I opened my eyes. The piercing sun rays blinded my vision until I was able to blink the bright contrast to my dark slumber away and take in my surroundings. I was still in bed, the fire had been recently put out, and the bathroom door was cracked and steam filtrated out. I heard the soft hum of Liam's voice as he took his shower, and I found myself in awe of the simplest things this man could to make me fall in love with him all over again.

"Morning." Liam offered me a huge and bright smile as he emerged from the loo with a towel snug around his waist.

"Good morning." I smiled back, my cheeks burning with the smile that wanted to stretch further than my face would allow. "Nice shower?"

"Brilliant." He came to my side and kissed me lightly while placing one of his warm and still damp hands on my bare back. "Get a quick shower love, then we can hit the slopes," he mumbled against my lips before moving them to my cheek and finally pulling away.

I slid out of bed, taking the sheet with me to wrap around my body. Liam glanced over his shoulder and a series of chuckles vibrated through his chest as he shook his head and went back to digging through one of the suit cases.

"What?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed together.

"Nothing…" he said with a laugh.

"Tell me!"

"I just love you, that's all." He gave me a cheeky grin before reaching behind me and smacking my bum lightly. "Now go get ready!"

****

We stood at the top of the ski slope, taking in the various trees and moguls we would encounter. "Well, this is the first time I've skied in years," Liam admitted. "This should be interesting."

"Race you down?" I challenged him with a cheeky smirk not ready for what I was getting myself into.

"Your on."

With that we both pushed ourselves over the top of the hill and began to speed down. Liam briskly rushed passed me with ease. He definitely didn't tell me he was that good at skiing. I watched as the wind collided with his moving figure but he easily used it to his advantage when steering directly into the moguls. Mogul after mogul, bump after bump, he bent and straightened out his legs to gracefully attack each corner of the bumps to perfectly execute the skill. Once he had passed the series of bumps, he angled his skis so he would go over a jump. I watched in awe as he went over the jump and crossed his skis in front of him before perfectly landing and continuing down the hill. I was so engrossed in watching the man I love that I didn't realize how dangerously close I was to the moguls.

I tried my best to copy Liam's previous actions by turning my skis so the ends would bump the small mound of snow, then I used my knees to absorb the bounce and smoothly glided down away from the moguls. Although, it was only one, I felt extremely proud of myself. I stood straight a pumped the air in triumph when some idiot girl came zooming next to me much to fast and cut right in front of me clipping the edge of my ski. My foot was forced sideways along with my body as I fell head first down the slope. I was angry at the stupid girl whom didn't look where she was going, but when my body failed to stop sliding, all I could do was laugh. Snow came in my mouth due to my rapid outbursts of laughter as I slid face-first down the hill, losing one of my ski poles on the way.

When I got to the end, a worried Liam was waiting for me. He quickly pulled himself to my side, dropped his ski poles, and immediately placed his hands under my arms to easily lifted me back on my feet. "Are you okay!? I saw that reckless brat cut you off!"

Laughing, I removed my ski goggles and shook my head. "No I'm fine! That was hilarious." Liam began to join my laughter at the memory of me sliding at full-speed down the slope with snow crushing against my face. "Look," I said through breaths. "You can see my abandoned ski pole!"

Liam shook his head. "Looks like we will have to go down again doesn’t it?"

"Yes it does." I tried to lean in and give him a kiss, but my ski got entangled with his and we ended up both falling to the side laughing hysterically. "I knew I loved the idea of skiing for our honeymoon."

He gave me a light kiss before somehow pulling us both up. "It is definitely an adventure. Come along then, this time try and keep up yeah?"

I shoved his arm at his teasing remark as a cheeky smirk spread over his lips. Even with his sarcasm and teasing demeanor, I was head over heels with him and fell harder and harder with every little thing he did.

The rest of the day was quite similar. We would go down a slope, I would most likely fall, we would laugh and tease each other, we would try to do the mogul run, and I would end up face planting, and more laughs would come. Everything was completely centered around us. Aside from the various people who would cut us off, it felt like we were the only ones on the slopes, and I liked it that way. All I wanted to do was be with him and luckily, for the entire trip, I was able to. No distractions, no reality, just Liam and I. I wish it could have continued forever, but all things must come to an end. And unfortunately, after a week and a half fun, bliss, passion, love, and happiness, Liam and I returned to London.

We walked into OUR apartment. Our brand new flat that we had decided on. Exposed brick walls, tiffany blue accents and gray paint on the dry-wall portions of the flat. It was our new start as man and wife.

"It's good to be home!" I shouted as I flung my coat over the sofa then threw myself on top.

"Really?" my beautiful husband questioned.

"No," I admitted frowning. "I wish we could have stayed in Switzerland forever!"

"I know love, me too." Liam joined me on the couch, wrapping his muscular arms around me.

"You know what I almost forgot about?"

"What?" he asked playing with a piece of my hair.

"We have Harry's birthday dinner tomorrow night."

"That's right, February 1st."

I sighed knowing neither of us wanted to go to this dreaded event. "I have a speculation, that we are going to lose someone very close to us."

"What do you mean?" he sat up a bit so he could look over my shoulder at my face.

"I mean," I turned to face him. "Whoever stole it, will clearly be locked away. Everyone going to that dinner is close to us Li. I don't want this to happen! Why did someone have to steal it! I thought we were done with all that! I thought this was all over! I thought…"

"Love," he gently placed his rough hand on my cheek to silence me. "Stuff with the MI6, the software, is far from over. There will always be things going on. As for us, our work with the MI6 is over, this is just protocol for them to find out who did it. Trust me, it will be okay. I know its scary to think someone so close and involved in protecting it would actually do something like that, but it's better that no one will be hurt in the process of finding them. Don't worry, I will protect you."

____Author's Note____

Sorry this is kind of a crap chapter:( I tried to rush it, but I wanted to update as soon as possible because I have gotten so many amazing comments! I love reading your comments they mean so much to me!! So I am going to start doing dedications for the best comment!!

This dedication goes to: @LiamPayneLover11 AHHH it was a hard choice though!

Ship name: I got one vote for Lilex, and someone recommended Liexi! Which I also think is really cute! So everyone vote for what you like between Lilex, and Liexi

***75 votes 30 comments (not counting mine) and I will reveal book 5 title!!!*******