Chapter 10

Song: "Medicine" by Daughter

Lexi's POV:

Everyone gave their alibi's, all seemed shaky and weak. No one was ruled out accept for Sydney and Harry. What I would give to be in their shoes.

They started to take us one-by-one to see who we thought it was and why. I didn't know what to say, and I was first.

Harry's POV:

The glitter of her dress sparkled against the light in the MI6 room we were using to interview everyone. Lexi uncomfortably sat in the chair before Sydney and I, then the interrogation started.

"Who do you think did it?" Sydney asked sweetly, knowing Lexi was timid and didn't want to answer.

"I… I honestly have no idea."

"Lexi," I whispered. "I know it's hard to push someone so close under the bus, but it will help us figure out who did it if we get everyone's perspective on it."

"Fine," she sighed. "Caitlin. One of my closest friends. Her motive was the strongest. I don't believe she would do it, because I know her heart, but based off motive. I would say her." A small tear threatened to creep out of her eyes as her hands were visibly shaking.

"Thank you," Sydney said calmly. "Can you please send in Liam?"

She nodded before exiting the room as I offered her a reassuring smile. She returned it with a weak pop of her dimples, but I could tell this whole situation was getting to her.

Next was Liam.

"Hayley," he whispered in reply to Sydney's question. "I don't know her as well as you, but it made sense. Traumatic experiences especially as a child can haunt you." He shook his head and loosened his tie a bit before waiting for Sydney to dismiss him.

Next was Hayley.

"I don't know!" she cried. Tears were streaming down her face and I tried to comfort her with a hug, but her sobs wouldn't die down. Eventually, she muttered, "Andy."

We asked her why she thought it was him, but we couldn't get any reasoning from the crying girl before us. Her black dress was spotted with tears when she exited the room to send in Louis.

Disheveled, he gave us the most in depth explanation of the night. "There's no way it was Lexi and Liam, I mean they are both harmless puppies even though Liam appears to be scary when you first meet him. Caitlin loves her job, I mean would she want to get promoted, yes, of course, but she praises her job all the time. Andy built the software with me, I know him. He wouldn't do that even though he made himself look pretty bad tonight. Tom is a good guy, his motive was inconclusive as well so I don't believe it's him. Grae, well she is my sister and I've known her since birth! There is no one I can see doing it. No one. Hayley's result was conclusive, and although I have know idea what it was, I know she would never do something like that! I love her! I love her so much! I'm sorry… I just… if I have to say someone, I'd say Caitlin." He ran his fingers through his messy hair before undoing his tie and waiting for one of us to say something.

"I know it's hard Louis, but thank you for that," Sydney spoke after jotting something on a yellow pad of paper. Sometimes I couldn't understand how she could be so emotionless, seeing Louis in this state made me want to run to give him a hug, or bring him tea. It made me want to do that for all of the slumped-over saddened figures who were in Andy's flat.

Louis slowly left the room to be replaced by Grae.

"Hayley," she replied almost instantly to my asking who she thought was the culprit. "She has been staying with Louis and I sometimes, and that night she was at our flat. I don't know about the stolen lap top, but she could have let Louis and I go to sleep early and snuck out of Louis room to do it. And it would make sense for to harbor feelings for you if you broke her heart at such a young age. She is a get even type of girl. Plus she isn't in the MI6. You train your agents very well and do full background checks on them to make sure that no one hired would do something like this. It only makes sense that she did it."