Trip to Paris

"Eric, have you seen my binder?" Alice yelled downstairs.

"No I haven't," Eric yelled back, "Have you checked the dresser?"

Of course I've checked there, Alice thought as she went through the magazines and books on the nightstand. Frustrated she slammed the stack of reading material down and ran downstairs.

"This can't be happening. This can not be happening!" she shouted as she set about destroying the neat arrangement of items on the dining room table ready to be packed.

"Calm down. We'll find your binder before we leave. Should I start loading up the car to save some time?" Eric asked from the kitchen doorway.

"No! Don't pack anything until I get my binder," she yelled harshly hoping he would sense the tone and shut up. Giving up in the dining room she headed into the kitchen passing Eric just standing there. He was pissing her off so much right now that she couldn't stand to look at him.

"You would think that after two years of marriage he would understand how important these things are to me," she thought as she looked over the stacks of recipe books hoping to find the binder in the most unlikely of spots. Being organized was who she was and to have lost the binder for their trip was out of character.

Giving in to defeat she accepted that the binder was not in the kitchen and left to double check the rest of the house. There was no way they could leave without it. She had both of their passports, plane tickets, itinerary for their whole trip planned down to the hour, their packing lists for what they were going to take, and even maps so they wouldn't get lost in Paris.

Eric grabbed her arm and turned Alice around so that she faced him. He stood there smiling at her holding something dark against his chest. Realization hit hard when she saw the dark blue and purple patterns of her binder.

"Where did you find it?" she asked relief flooding her.

"On the bookcase next to the dining room table. You didn't see me holding it as you stormed off into the kitchen," Eric answered then immediately regretted his honesty.

Alice started slapping him on the arm as hard as she could yelling, "You had it and let me freak out for nothing!"

"Ow," he repeated every time she hit him then finally got a small window to say, "I only had it for a couple minutes. Chill out."

Alice growled, "I swear sometimes you do this crap just to piss me off."

She didn't wait for a reply and headed towards the table. Opening the book she found the packing list and began checking off everything that was sitting out. Eric waited patiently in the doorway to hear what he was allowed to pack while rubbing his sore arm. 

Anthology for weekendwriteinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara