37

Mivera's head was pounding. She kept stumbling over nothing and she was seeing double. The only thing keeping her from falling over was Thorin's firm grip on her hand. If her grip were to falter, even a fraction, Thorin would squeeze her hand and pull her along.

She breathed in deeply, trying to get as much air as possible, only to feel as though she were suffocating. She looked back to Bilbo, he had fallen behind them a bit and Mivera slowed down to walk with him.

Once Mivera saw he was okay, she went to walk forward again, but instead colliding with the back of Gloin. She could hear Nori shouting in front of them,"The path, it's gone!"

She pushed her way passed the dazed dwarves and looked down at where Nori was pointing. She growled wi frustration as Thorin became angry,"Then find it!" She rolled her eyes at him and helped in the search.

Balin scratched the back of his head as he walked past Mivera,"None of this is familiar." Mivera looked down to the dirt and kept shuffling her feet through the leaves, trying to find the stone.

Thorin touched her shoulder,"What hour is it?" She sighed,"I don't know." Thorin growled and kicked a rock into the endless stretch of trees,"ais there no end to this place?!"

Mivera kept shuffling until she bumped into something, or someone. She patted the small shoulder,"My apologies Bilbo." He didn't respond, he just kept looking at something attached to a rock.

Mivera looked over his shoulder,"What is it?" Bilbo shrugged as he plucked it,"I don't know, it looks like a web." She nodded and also plucked it, watching the vibrations go throughout the entire web in the trees.

Dori's excited voice lulled them away from the web,"A tobacco pouch!" Mivera and Bilbo walked up as Bofur took it and said,"It looks like mine!" Bilbo rolled his eyes,"That's because it is yours! We are lost we have been traveling in circles!"

Mivera heard Thorin stomp over,"We are not lost! We keep heading east." She turned around and put her hands on her hips,"How do we know we are traveling east Thorin? We have lost the sun!"

This caused a mix of tired and angry dwarves to start an uproar. Mivera folded her arms across her chest and turned her head when Bilbo tapped lightly on her shoulder. He pointed up to the trees,"The sun." Mivera understood and quickly helped Bilbo up the tree, following him closely.

The moment her head broke through the dense layer of trees, Mivera was greeted with a fresh cool breeze. She inhaled deeply, feeling the poisoned air slowly retract out of her system.

She smiled as beautiful blue butterflies flew around them, and turned to where Bilbo was. He smiled and pointed,"The Lonely Mountain!" She gasped,"We are almost there!" Bilbo nodded and shouted down,"Can you hear us? We know which way to go!"

When there was no response, Mivera knew instantly something was wrong. She sent Bilbo a worried glance before climbing down the trunk.

The second her feet hit the ground she was calling for Thorin. Cupping her hands around her mouth she turned and yelled in all directions. She let her hands fall to her sides and she slumped her shoulder.

"Mivera!" She turned around at Bilbo's voice, but she stopped halfway and fell to the ground. There was a fiery pain in her calf, as if something had punctured it. Her vision became dim as she saw a large black figure crawl over top of her. It coated her with some translucent substance as she went unconscious.