What is Precious to Me

Obito's POV

"Obito, where is Kakashi?" she questioned in that pure silky voice of hers. She looked at me with anger and pity, like she wanted to kill me but she was here to help me.

I muttered her name and her eyes just reflected pure confusion. When I met her, the only person I ever saw was Rin. Both of them were sweeter than anything you could find in this world. Yuyan suffered hardships that not even the most terrible people on this earth deserved to go through. When I saw Yuyan suffering, I imagined what Rin would do if she were going through the same thing. This is why it hurt me to see her struggle so hard.

No matter what, however, both Rin and Yuyan would never turn their backs on anyone who needed their help.

- Flashback -

I could hear her screaming and trying to resist the harm being inflicted on her by Pein. Every instinct in my body told me to go in and stop it. As I heard her trying to fight it I thought of when Rin died and how much pain she must have been in.

I fought it though, I knew I couldn't just go in there and stop it, so I stood there and took in every one of her screams.

When Pein and Konan stepped out of the room, he turned to me to explain, "she won't be going back to Konoha. She knows too much about our plans and members at this point."

I didn't answer, but once they walked away I stepped into the room and saw how badly she was hurt. I didn't want to admit it, but the tiny bits of emotion I had left seemed to rise from the depths of my heart and I pitied seeing her in such a state.

I walked to her small and badly beaten body and placed a hand behind her back and under her knees to pick her up. She looked to me with such appreciation that someone here was showing kindness to her in some way. It's like she had forgotten the beating she just recieved and was so invested in the small act of kindness she was recieving.

I had always noticed how pure-hearted she was. Anything made her smile, any movement in the right direction even if it was the tiniest push made her so happy. It is quite a feat to make the members of the Akatsuki feel anything, but I knew they all looked out for her and some of them wished the best for her, they genuinely cared about her. Yuyan changed everyone's lives by just showing them affection in their final days. They must have thought of her as they passed, grateful for a love none of us deserved.

I carried her to her room and laid her down on her bed then checked if there was anything broken and as I suspected, there was indeed. Two broken ribs and fractured on her legs, I expected it to be worse but Yuyan was strong. There were no medics to help and unfortunately, as a medical nin, the best she could do was heal the cuts and bruises she got, not all the broken bones and fractures.

Before the swelling went up, I wrapped some bandages around the affected areas and used a damp towel to wipe away the blood she had in visible areas. While doing so, I cursed myself for providing any kind of care. I shouldn't, but it was something I couldn't help. Even if it was through the Tobi facade, I enjoyed helping her do small tasks around her because she was always cheerful even though this was a very unfavorable situation she was in. I'm positive that even now when she can't go home, she'll find a way to make things better for herself.

I pulled up a chair in her room near her bedside and waited for her to wake up. I should have just left, but I was simply compelled to stay by her side.