Only Time Can Tell

Observer's POV

And in the flash of an eye, there was only a week to wait until they were all reunited under certain..hmm...what's the word? Circumstances?

Ah yes, circumstances.

How were they all doing? How did they even feel at this time knowing that there was very little time for them left before everything only took a turn for the worst?

He sat at a window and stared at his reflection and out into the village. He pondered on how much had happened since the day his beloved friend abandoned the village, his family, his friends, and was hurt that he left him.

On the surface, he appeared to be calm, but there was a storm raging inside of him, something that had been stirring up for almost nine years now.

"So how do you feel about this?" the pink haired medic questioned.

"Hmm."

"Hmm what?"

"Yes."

"That doesn't answer the question Hisui," she replied.

He sighed at his reflection once more and turned to the girl who appeared to be making some sort of medicine or elixir in a large bowl. She looked at him with a stern face and her hands at her hips.

"What's that look for?"

"I just want the answer to the question."

"And why do you want it so bad?"

"I don't know I'm your friend and I already told you how I felt about the mission, so I should know."

Well, she has a point, he thought. He didn't want to leave it unanswered either because he knew it would hurt her delicate little feelings. She was sensitive right now. As much as he didn't want to talk about his feelings, he didn't want to leave anyone in the dark about them either, that's what those Uchiha brothers always did after all.

"I don't feel like I'm ready for it. When the time comes I'm suppose to attack him and capture him but...I don't think I can."

"Can as in you won't do it or you are physically unable to?"

"Hmm, I think it's both actually. I wouldn't be able to because, yeah. And even if I were to try to attack, it wouldn't be any great effort either, so I feel like there's not really a point in trying at all," he answered, quite surprised that he did so explicably.

"I sort of feel like that too," she laughed pouring the medicine in the large bowl into a small bottle. "I don't think I'd ever be able to confront Sasuke if I saw him. Especially because I think if I did he would blame us for what happened to Yuyan."

"Ah!" the green haired ninja threw his head back. "I fucking forgot about that. I quit, I quit," he raised his hands.

She laughed and playfully rolled her eyes. "I'm worried about Naruto. He freezes when he hears her name and I'm sure he just imagines how we failed to-"

"It wasn't your fault, or his. I should take most of the responsibility. After all, I was the only one capable of doing anything at the moment. What can I say? They got us good."

Sakura placed the bottle in a bin with others that appeared to be the same thing and sighed again. "I guess so, but no one blames you Hisui." She scanned through the bottles and handed the bin to Hisui, "that's all of them, don't lose them," she winked.

"Hey that was a one time thing, I still don't know where I left them after all this time," he laughed, "don't worry though I'll have it delivered to the anbu momentarily." He bowed and quickly made his way out the door with the lingering thoughts of their conversation.