An Illusion

Sorry it's been taking so long to update, I've still kinds had writer's block, and I've been really busy with school, sorry to all of you who have been wanting me to update (╥﹏╥)

Yuyan's POV

There's no way he'll make it, just look at him!

Arriving before the great storm that would lead me to my homeland, the thoughts of the 9th expedition party returning played in my mind. Here he met his demise, the man who was like a brother to me, along with other clan members back when I was small and had no worries in the world.

I'm sure you can work something, you're the best medic of the clan! Can't you just try something that'll make him better?!

It must have all went wrong there, or at least that's what I remember. Everything was fine before the expeditions and the return of the 3rd search party occurred. They all blamed us, my family and mostly my father, and from that he just accumulated more and more stress throughout time.

No! He can't die! T-there's no way!

There are things I sometimes don't recall from my life back then, but this day in particular, I do remember. Yumiko went crazy when she found out Masaru wouldn't make it. After all, she did truly love him.

Why?! Why didn't you protect him?! This is your fault! All your fault! You should have kept him safe!

Yumiko, in her grief, blamed Ren for his death, she pretty much lost her sanity after attempting suicide twice. She really didn't want to live without him. Though Ren also did claim to have protected him once, which was why he had also returned wounded.

However, it wasn't the bitter memory that made me quite reluctant to walk through that giant storm, it was what Ren had said about it.

I-it was terrifying, the storm was just huge! And apart from that there were these monsters who gave me this weird name I-I don't remember, and said I wasn't to be touched!

I wondered what he was talked about back then. Monsters? A weird name? And ordered not to touch him? It was all strange, everything about it, but I had no clue these past years, no idea whatsoever. Crossing the storm, I had plenty of time to revise the past, remember certain things about my family.

Most of them were memories regarding the final months with them. Of course, they weren't the best.

Or actually, not good at all, for that matter

Yumiko went into a deep depression, blaming Ren for Masaru's death, him and my father blaming themselves. The return of the third search party caused quite an uproar in the clan, before its massacre, they planned a coup de etat and went through with the plans unexpectedly.