Part 14

Changed

Alex's POV:

I start to float around town once Y/N went to bed. I'm not really sure where I'm going but I do know that I'm acting like this little float around town will get rid of my feelings for Y/N.  

Once I float around for a bit I go over to this roof and change my form and sit down. I let out a sigh and look at the lights that light up the town "Hi" I hear and immediately jump back "WHA-" I look and see James.

"Dude you scared the shit out of me" I say sitting back down and he takes a seat next to me and starts to look around "I don't see any shit you're good" He said and I shake my head lightly as a small smile spreads across my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I look back at the small town "Nothing," I say shrugging "It's not nothing Alex" He said looking over at me "Fine it's not nothing" I give in "Hey I have a question" I say looking over at him "I won't answer unless you tell me what's up" He said "It's the sky dumbass" I say and he gives me a look as in 'Not a time to joke'

"Okay I'll tell you after you answer my question" I say trying to make some sort of deal happened and he nods his head "How do you do it? Like handle the things that go on without you?" I ask looking back at the town he sighs heavily.

"Well it's not easy..." He let out "But it's just how things are. As long as my family is happy nothing else matters to me" he explained looking at the town. "But don't you hate not living anymore?" I ask

"Of course I do, I'll be missing out on a ton of things such as when my daughter walks down the aisle and when she has her first born not being able to hold my first grandchild." He said and it goes quite for a couple seconds before he says "But I'll be able to witness it" He turns to face me.

"But what if there is a way to get to New World...Would you go?" I ask "Maybe...If I'm still able to see what's going on with my family then I would." He said and I nod "So what's going on?" He asked and I look over at him "Oh" I glance back at the town then at him "Well..." I let out and really start thinking

Should I tell him?

I trust James...

Ugh, but if I confess then I'm going to start acting weird around Y/N since I accepted my feelings.

Wait, wasn't going on this little float around supposed to help get rid of those feelings?

Alex you're fucking stupid if you think a simple float around town will help you get over a girl...

"Ugh Alex" James said and I quickly look over at him "Yeah?" I question "You kinda spaced out there" He said and I let out a small laugh "Did I? Wow, um, heh okay...Ugh, sorry." I say cringing slightly at my sudden awkwardness "What's going on with you?" He said laughing lightly.

"Fuck it. James, I just started liking someone" I say he stares at me "Alex, it's not really a good idea to like a ghost in a non friendly way..." He said "Well...I mean, she isn't one..." I said putting my hands out a bit while my shoulders go up "Alex you gotta be f-" I stop him "She can see us!" I say and he looks at me confused "What?" He questioned "You heard right" I say.

He floats up and shakes his head "That's not possible" He said "Really, you think I would lie or joke about that?" I question "Well, we are talking about you here Alex" He said "James I'm serious...." I say changing my form to float "You really are, aren't you..." He said "Yes" I say he just floats there.

"And you fucking started to like her!?" He questioned. "Hey! I can't control my fucking feelings!" I defend "And I know it's bad because she's alive and I'm dead..." I say "But as cheesy as it sounds I can't help the way I feel" I say "What made you start liking her?" He asked floating next to me "What?" I question

"Did I stutter?" I put my hands up "Woah, okay" I say and he laughs "Well, I mean she understands me....She's funny and fucking adorable...OOH she has this cute little habit she does when she's concentrating which is curling her lip" I mimic the lip curl and smile after.

"She doubts herself a lot though and she doesn't see how special she really is..." I say staring at the town "Also her warmth, voice, and just gaze bring me comfort. It's like I forget I'm even dead" I say smiling over at James "You really like her don't you?" I look over at him and give him a look.

Is that even a question?

"Why am I even asking that? Of course you do" He said laughing and I join him while looking back at the town and my smile fades "It'll never work out though..." I let out and he frowns "It's okay...As long as she's happy" I say giving him a weak smile.

"Well," I look over and see the sun starting to rise up "I'm going to head home now" I was about to float away but stop "You should stop by sometime I'd like the two of you to meet" I say and he smiles weakly "I'd like that too"

°^°^°^°^°^°^°
Author:
Rewrote this part since I wasn't happy with the other. For those who are rereading this part it was the aftermath of Alex confessing to the reader but since I changed it so he didn't I just changed this part to this and I'm honestly a lot more happy with it.

Word Count: 1018