[8]

Y/N's POV:

I decided not to go to work for a week since I needed some time...Luckily my boss was very understanding about the situation. I have only went out once just to go see Nia. She gave me pepper spray so I could use it to defend myself if needed.

It's Monday, meaning I have to go to work today. As I make my way to the bus stop I can't help but glance around and hold the strap of my purse tighter. I let out a relaxed breath as I felt something cold on my shoulder and glance up at Alex who had his hand on my shoulder.

My shoulders which were stiff before go down and relax. Me and Alex made a deal that he'd take me to the bus stop and once my shift is over he'd be outside waiting so we could head home together.

I look forward again, there were only a couple of people and 'Them' around this early in the morning. I changed my shifts so I went in the morning instead of the afternoon. "Got your charger?" Alex whisper and I pull out my phone "Check" I say into it.

"Pepper spray?" He questioned And a small smile spreads across my face "Oh my gosh mom it's checked too" I joke with a laugh. "Hey, I'm just making sure!" He said feeling myself get lightly shoved to the side a bit. "Did you just push me?" I say seeing the smile on his face.

"I elbowed you" He corrects me and I give him a look. "I'll see you after work" I say as we make it to the bus stop I put my phone away since no one was around waiting and take my seat "See you later Habibi" He said still smiling and changed to his regular form to float away.

"You can see him!" A light voice yelled causing Alex to turn around. I give him a panicked look and began to look around still seeing no one around. When I turn back to Alex he was looking up and I follow his gaze. That's when I spot her, a little girl floating.

She looks familiar...

OOO SHIT

She's the same little girl who was trying to get those little kids attention at the park!

The floats floats down in front of us "No she can't" Alex said quickly crossing his arms and letting out a scoff

Wow such a good liar...

She furrows her brows and motions her hand toward me "She's literally staring at me!" She defends and I let out a sigh as I bend down to be her height but she floats up

Okay then

I stand up and open my mouth but she quickly chims in "You can see me!" I was about to say something but stop as she starts to cry my mouth to say something but she starts crying.

Oh boy, ugh.

I look over at Alex and he shrugs his shoulders "I'm so happy! I haven't talked to anyone in the longest time! Even the dead ignore me!" She said wiping her nose. "I wonder why...?" I hear Alex mumble and shoot him a look. He quickly puts his hands up in defense.

If I could, I would punch you.

"I just want to play with the other kids!"she whines "That's understandable, now what you're name sweetie?" I ask softly and they both stare at me.

"Grace," She said with a pout "Grace Hernandez" She wipes her eyes "How old are you Grace?" I ask getting my phone out to look up her name "I'm eight" I nod my head and search her name and age up.

There was an article, she died just a couple of months ago. I continue on reading and my brows furrow. She was just riding her bike at the park when a car hit her...

"Ouch" I hear Alex and turn my head. He was floating behind me, staring down at my phone until his eyes lock on mine  and he gives me a soft smile. I can feel my face heat up as I notice how close we are.

He's dead. Stop.

"How can you see me and that man?" Grace asked causing me to turn to face her. "I've always been able to see you guys, all of you, since the day I opened my eyes" I explain she nods softly and it seems as f something hit her cause her whole face expression changes.

"I need to go now. Bye lady and ghost man!" She said waving . "It's Y/N and Alex!" Alex shouts out as she floats away "And where are you going?!" He yelled out "My brother is going to school right now! I want to be with him!" She shouts back and off she went.

"Hmm" I let out "What?" He questioned "She wasn't like you" I say sitting back down "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked and that's when I see the bus make its way to the bus stop. "Bye Alex" I whisper as I wait for bus to arrive "Okay, I see how it is" He nods his head.

"Bye Habibi" I felt something cold on my forehead and he quickly floats away. That's when the bus comes to a stop and the doors swing open. I walk in and pay for my ride not able to contain the smile that crept on my lips.

I sit down and look out the window and let out a sigh

Fucking heart stop

I look down at my phone to distract myself but the fucking smile was still there!

Old Word Count: 700 something lol
New Word Count: 957