[4] Can't sleep

__________

A groan escapes my lips as I'm waken up by the sunlight that was right in my face. I slowly sit up, eyes still closed as I lick my chapped lips.

I then stretch my arms out and a yawn escaped my lips, that's when I feel saliva on the side of my mouth. My eyelids open slightly as I furrow my brows in disgust.

Gross.

I thought as I wipe it off and ruffle my hair "How attractive" I hear and my eyelids open completely as I start to look around.

"Up here," I look up to see Alex sticking his head out of the ceiling. My expression softness a bit "Good morning to you too" I say getting out of bed "What are you doing up there?" I ask now getting my outfit ready for work.

"I'm dead, I can do whatever I want." As he said that a small thump was heard. Looking over to where the sudden noise came from I see my laptop on the floor when it was on the desk before.

"Aleeex" I whine as I go over to the laptop and pick it up. "This thing isn't cheap you know" I say while examine the device seeing that it was still in perfect shape I place it back on the desk.

"Yeah I know it isn't" I turn to him and give him a look he quickly puts his hands up "I'm just going to float around" he said slowly floating back I nod and walk over to my outfit that was laid on my bed "You go do that" I say and I hear a small laugh escape his lips.

I roll my eyes as a small smile forms on my face. When I don't feel his presence I began to change into my work clothes. Now having my jeans on I was about to change my top when a shiver runs down my spine.

"Hey, Y/N. Do you ever wonder-" I stop him as I yell out "ALEX!" I quickly pull my shirt down "OHSHITI'MSORRY!" He shouts quickly with guilt and embarrassment in his voice.

When I don't sense him in the room I take a look around my room just to make sure he was gone before I changed my top. Once I finished everything else with my daily 'Getting Ready' schedule. I head over to work, without saying a word to Alex, as I passed him in the living room.

~Time skip to a month later~

I keep tuning as I try to get comfortable in bed, hugging a pillow close to me as I make another turn now facing the window. My lips part as I watch the shadows pass by, I could hear 'them' outside...

Their being more loud tonight

I turn again to stare up at the ceiling a sigh escapes my lips as I run a hand down my face. "Ugh, Y/N?" I hear making me remove my hand from my face as I look over to the wall where Alex's voice come from. Seeing nothing, I stare back up at the ceiling.

"Can I come in?" He asked without looking back I let out a "Yeah" A shiver runs down my spine as he enters the room. "Hey, I wasn't really in the mood of going around town." He said.

I sit up "Well you're in luck, I can't sleep..." I say looking over at the window, seeing the shadows pass by. My expression was a bit blank as I listen in on them.

"Wanna just talk?" I turn back to Alex "It's Friday tomorrow, you don't have work right?" He questioned I shift a little as I nod softly.

Alex's POV:

Not only do I want to get to know her a bit better, but, she also looks like she needs someone to give her company.

"I don't thanks to the gods of no work day" She said laughing softly but I can see the small cringe forming on her face. We've been warming up to each other lately, she's been getting used to me being around which is a relief.