Part 26

About time am I right?

_____________

Alex's POV:

I push the shopping cart to the juice aisle and look down at the list

'Get two juices'

Glancing up at the juice containers then back at the list I mentally groan

Shit, she didn't put down what flavor...

I guess I can get whatever...

.......

But if she listed it, it must mean she was craving it

Which could also lead to craving a specific flavor...

But if she didn't write down the flavor then it must not matter

Right...?

My eyes scan all over the juice containers. I glance back at the list and start folding it carefully but catching a glimpse of an orange juice caught some nerve.

"Goddamnit" I shove the list in my pocket. I can't call Y/N and ask because she was planning to take a shower but I also don't want to get her the wrong juice because then she'll get all cranky and then cry...

She's become more emotional

The doctor referred it as when someone is drunk; they can't hold in their emotions even if it's for something so simple.

I don't blame or judge Y/N when she has her moments because well, damn she's carrying twins.

I huff softly as my eyes land back on the juice containers "fuck me" I let out frustrated while taking a step back.

Something catches my attention and when I turn to see this lady who held a disgusted expression.

My brows furrow and that's when I notice the little girl behind grouchy.

Well shit

"I-I'm so sorry!" I stammer an apology and as if to come to my rescue my ringtone goes off.

Quickly to avoid the mother's gaze I take my phone out and push the cart going far away from the two.

Seeing the caller ID I have no hesitation in answering "I just made myself look like a complete dumbass" Is the first thing that comes out my mouth.

I wait to hear a little sassy remark of 'You just realized' or 'What's new?' but there's nothing said on the other line.

I tap my fingers on the shopping cart

Maybe she butt dialed me-

My lips part to prepare the words that were about to escape them "Alex..." I hear her voice that's just above a whisper and my heart drops at the sound.

"Please come back home" She let's out with an unsteady breath "Please hurry" An instinct kicks in before I even realize it and I'm already making my way to the exit leaving the shopping cart behind.

"Why? What-Why what's wrong?" I have trouble trying to find words and a soft cry is heard on the other end and I start to run.

"S-Something happened and I-" She stops and begins to gasp lightly again "Take deep breaths" My voice is soft as I try to hide the panic behind it.

I'm out the grocery store and run to the car almost getting hit by a car at the process.

"My water broke..."