[3] Background

______________

"So," He started catching my attention "You're Y/N right?" He asked floating in front of my bed. I grab one of my pillows and hug it "Yeah" I say pulling the pillow closer if that was even possible.

"So Y/N," he let out as if testing my name "How long have you been able to see ghosts?" My hold on the pillow relaxes "For as long as I can remember," I shrug my shoulders softly.

"Was it hard? I mean, I can't imagine seeing dead people around being easy" He said his voice calm. "Cause it's not." I let out and as soon as those three words left my lips I realize how harsh they came out.

I stare at him and he gives me a soft expression "It's just, growing up wasn't all rainbows and flowers. To this day, I still remember the names kids used to call me when I was younger. I honestly don't blame them though, since all they saw was me talking to myself" I sit back and place the pillow on my lap.

"That still doesn't give them the right to be little assholes" He comments. "Did you tell anyone? About what you could see" A small laugh escaped my lips. "Yeah, my parents." I say.

"They just thought I was crazy and forced me into therapy. Well, at least my father thought I was. My mom was convinced this was some sort of phase" I say looking over at him and my eyes meet his own so I look away.

Now feeling uncomfortable, I put a strain of hair behind my ear. "I did try to help you guys get to New World" I say and his face expression changes.

"Can you?" I shake my head and he looks down. "I tried, but nothing worked. I had to stop and ignore 'Them' to show my parents that, I was okay, that it being a phase was true" He stares at before nodding slowly.

"Do you plan on helping again?" He asked "Alex, I don't know how" I say as he just continues to stare at me. So, I start to explain myself. "I'm done leading you guys on to just see the pure disappointment after"

He floats back and stares at the ceiling "I mean...it wouldn't hurt to still try" He said and I stare at him and he glances over at me with a side smile.

Without a word I grab hold of the pillow and lay back down "I have work tomorrow" I say snuggling the pillow in my arms

Why can't he just understand that I did try.

I moved over here to start off fresh.

What if I don't find a way and the same thing that happened back home happens here...

"Now that you know, can you please not talk and let me sleep" I say a bit coldly. "Fuck, you heard me talk like their was no tomorrow." He laughs softly trying to lighten up the mood.

It grows silent and he softly let's out a "Sorry" He apologized and I turn to look over at him. "It's okay" I say and he stares at me and nods. I turn again and close my eyes my hold on the pillow still tight.

I could still sense him in the room as I try to sleep "Well um..I'm just gonna go-" I stop him as I open my eyes a bit "Alex." I say before he left "Yeah?" He asked a bit hopeful "Shh" I let out while closing my eyes again.

"Right, okay...Night Habibi..." I hear him say and I no longer sensed him in the room. I let out a sigh of relief as my body began to relax and soon drifted off to sleep.

Alex's POV:

(Didn't expect that, now did ya)

I go to the roof and look over at the spot to where I had tripped over.