Chapter Thirty-Seven

I peel my eyes open, if it wasn’t for the noise coming from downstairs I probably could have kept sleeping. My eyeballs feel like someone stabbed them a million times from last night. I roll over so I can cuddle up to Luke but he isn’t in the bed when I do. I sit up and try to see if I can find him anywhere, I look at the clock and see that its only 8:30. That’s weird no one is usually up this early. I look around the room and notice that the suitcases aren’t in the room anymore and it suddenly hits me; they’re leaving.

I slowly get out of the bed and go to the bathroom quickly to wash my face of last night’s sadness. I look in the mirror, my hair is a tangled mess, I have mascara under my eyes and they are still red.

I make my way downstairs and everyone is sitting around at the table in the kitchen.

“Morning.” Quinn says to me.

“Hi guys, why didn’t anyone wake me?”

“We wanted to let you sleep.” Luke says when I walk over to him. “hey babe.”

“Hi.”

“Are you guys all ready?” Jordyn asks. “You have everything packed?”

“Yeah I think we’re all good!” Ashton replies.

“What time do you have to go to the airport?” I ask not really wanting to know the answer.

“Well the flight is at 4 so around 2 maybe…” Calum responds to me.

“Oh okay, so there is still some time.”

“Yeah.” Michael says.

We all continue to eat and drink our coffees in silence, no one really wanting to say anything. I for one don’t feel like speaking, if I do I might just be sick. There is nothing about today that I am looking forward too.

                                    ****************

It’s about 12pm now, all of us have kind of been doing our own separate things, scared that if we were all together things would get too emotional and we definitely don’t need that. Luke and I are in his room checking to make sure that he grabbed everything and all the stuff from the bathroom. I am tempted to keep something he desperately needs on tour just so he has to come back.

“Are you excited?” I ask him while we’re packing some stuff we left last night.

“I really don’t know how to answer that” He says playing with his lip ring

“What do you mean? You’re either excited or you’re not”