Chapter Thrity-Four

I must have fallen asleep in Luke’s lap because when I wake up I am lying down in the bed with my clothes from yesterday still on. When I open my eyes I can feel the puffiness, so I get up and walk over to the bathroom so I can splash some cold water on my face before leaving the room. I go to the sink and turn the water on as cold as I can. I look up in the mirror and I see that my eyes look like I have been crying for years, and they definitely feel that way. I cup my hands and put them under the running water then place them over my eyes. My hair is in a tangled mess from Luke trying to calm me down last night, I try and comb through it with my fingers before putting it up in a ponytail.

Three days.

That’s what I have left, three days with Luke and the other boys. Thinking about it is making me sad again, and I need to do something to take my mind off of it. However, I know that if I leave this room and see any of the boys I will completely lose it again, and they don’t need to see me sad.

Just as I am finishing up and drying my hands I hear the door open.

 “Aubrey?” Luke calls.

 “Yea, I’m in here.” Before I complete my sentence Luke is in the bathroom and I am trying my best to not lose it again. He is wearing his standard skinny jeans, expect this time paired with a red flannel and I can tell by the beanie on his head that his hair must not have been cooperating the way he wanted it to this morning.

 “Hey.” Is all he says while smiling.

 “Hi.”

 “Are you okay?”

 “I don’t think I will ever be okay again. Not the real kind of okay.”

 He comes up to me and hugs me so tight and it’s taking everything out of me not to cry. Don’t cry, don’t cry, he doesn’t need to see you cry is all I can think to myself.

 “I really need a shower, I feel like I need to wash the sadness off of me.” I say pulling back from Luke’s hug.

 “Can I take one too? I wanna wash you. I feel like it’s all my fault you’re sad anyway.”

 “Yeah, I would love that. But it’s not your fault.” I say trying to smile but failing. “Okay, it’s kinda your fault.” I say then get on my tiptoes and kiss his nose.

 I quickly go into my room to get my robe for after we are done in the shower while Luke gets the water going. I am very careful to make sure none of the girls are around because I know once we all see each other it won’t be good. When I get into my room I notice my phone still sitting on my bedside table.

 I open it and see four missed calls from Morgan, two from yesterday and two from this morning. I text her back asking if everything is okay and she answers right away.

 “yeah, everything is fine! Where have you been?”

 “Sorry it’s been a crazy day yesterday.” I respond back.

 “Yeah I can see that. I listened to your man on the radio and watched them on TV, they were great.”

 “Yeah it was amazing! J Can I talk to you later, I’m just about to take a shower.”

 “Sure Aubrey, say Hi to Luke in the shower for me ;)”

 “Haha, you’re too good! I will, later Morg.”

 “Bye”

 I put my phone back; grab my robe and quickly head back into Luke’s room to take a well-deserved shower.