Chapter Eight

About an hour later we finally arrive at a restaurant. It’s perfect. It’s a small family owned restaurant with what seems like an expansive menu and good company all around.

“How did you find this place?” I ask Mikey when we sit down at the table on the patio of the place.

“Well much to what you believe we have been here for about a month now. When we got here James took us to eat and this is where he brought us.” He said with a smile.

“Oh so what do you usually get when you come here?”

“Last time I got some pasta dish, but maybe now I will mix it up.” We both sit there in silence while we look over the menus.

“You look very nice Aubrey.” He says finally breaking the silence.

“Thanks Mikey, you look nice to.” When I look at him, I realize that something is different, I must not have noticed before. I don’t know how I didn’t see it. “Holy shit, you’re hair is purple now,” I say laughing. “I didn’t even notice”

“Yeah, did it this morning. Does it look okay?” He asks laughing.

“it looks great! Purple is definitely your colour.”

“Thank you.” He smiles back at me.

The waiter comes back to the table and takes our orders, Michael orders some burger thing and I get the crab mac ‘n cheese.

“Everything on that menu looked so good I didn’t know what to choose!” I say and he agrees.

“So, how was school today?”

“It was good I guess, well as good as school can be.” I decide that now would be a good time to tell him about me leaving school tomorrow. “Actually, tomorrow is going to my last day?”

“Oh, your school is done already?” He asks confused.

“No, no school is still going on. I made a choice to leave school stay at home with the other girls and you guys. This way I can get to know you all much better. But, I’m kinda sad about leaving my friends at school.”

“I know what you mean, when we all decided to start the band and it was just the three of us, before Ash. We had to leave our other friends to follow our dreams. It was hard, but I’m glad and I’m sure the other lads will be too that you are going to be at the house.” There is a short silence that fills us for a few moments.

“Are you happy? I mean like are you happy that you decided to pursue your music career?” I ask just as the food is getting to the table. We say thank you and Mikey goes on to answer my question.

“Yeah, well at first we were just playing in front of a camera on YouTube so being able to play actual live shows was just a blessing. Even if our first show consisted of 12 people. We’re still waiting for a huge break that will take us even further. But most of it has been all up to our fans.” He finishes saying.

“Oh well about fans. It turns out that you do have fans in this town.” I say smiling.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I was talking to one of my best friends Kayla, and your guys’ song happened to come up in the conversation and she was telling me how much she loves you guys.”

“Wow! Really?” He says to me in amazement.

“Yeah, why is that so hard to believe?” I say putting some food into my mouth.

“Well, I guess because we just didn’t know about them. It’s really special to know there are people that love our music. Especially when they live so far away from us.”

“Well now you know! I am really happy for you guys. You are all such amazing people, I have yet to listen fully to your music. But I’m sure that will change. Kayla is a hard person to convince to like something so if she likes it, it must be good.” I say and smile at him.

The rest of the time at the restaurant is spent eating our food. Everything is so good and the portions are giant. Mikey has no problem eating, I however cannot finish anymore. When the waiter comes to get our plates and asks if we want to desert I give Michael the ‘I-cant-eat-anything-else’ look and he denies the dessert. He finally brings us our bill, and I’m just about to ask how much mine was so I could pay for myself. But before I even have the chance Mikey is pulling out his card and paying for everything. I don’t say anything while we’re in the restaurant. When everything is all cleared we get up, well he gets up I feel like I need to be rolled. We both make our way back to the car.

“You didn’t need to pay for me. I could have gotten it.” I say in the car

“What kind of gentlemen would I be if I made you pay” he says and gives me a cute ass wink. Fine he can pay, I’m not gonna argue.

“Thank you. I really appreciate it!”

“You’re welcome. Are you ready to go see a movie?” He asks then backs out of the parking space and heads to the theatre.

                                    ********************    

We pull into a Famous Players at around 7:00 perfect time for a movie. When we get up to the box office there isn’t much to choose from. There is the new ones playing and ones that are still old.

“Is there anything you want to see?” He asks me before we get into the line

“Umm, anything is really good, “ I see that the fault in our stars is playing, basically my favourite book. With all of the commotion lately I never had a chance to even go and see it with Kayla and Morgan. But, I am not gonna sucker Mikey into seeing a girl movie that he probably doesn’t want to see in the first place.

“If I tell you what I want to see are you going to laugh at me?” He asks seeming embarrassed.

“Well I hope not. Try me…” I say laughing at his comment.

“I really want to see that one, The Fault in Our Stars. I have wanted to see it for a while, but I just really don’t wanna cry…” He makes a fake sad face.

“Actually, I am very happy you picked that. I have been dying to see it. I’ll protect you. But I cannot guarantee that I will not cry, I probably will.” I say hugging him from the side.

“Alright then. Decision made.” We get to the front of the line.

“Two for The Fault in Our Stars please.” He asks the lady and we head into the movie