Chapter Thirty-Five

“Hey babe you ready to go?” Luke asks after he kisses me quickly.

“Yeah!” I reply back smiling, “Where are we going anyway?”

“Um, I had James tell me about some place downtown, I think it was Italian or something.”

“Ouu sounds good.”

We get into the car and head toward the city. Most of the car ride is silent, neither of us knowing what exactly what to say. Which is weird cause we are usually always talking. The only noise playing is the faint sound of the music coming from the radio. It’s starting to feel really awkward and I need to find some way to make it better, without bringing up the tour.

“Have you guys been writing?”

Luke looks over at me like my voice shocked him.

“Hmm?”

“Are you alright Luke?”

“Yeah, I’m fine why?”

“You looked shocked when I asked you something.”

“Oh, I was just thinking. What was the question?” He says laughing.

“I just asked if you guys have been writing?”

“Yeah we have. Everything sounds super great, there was definitely tons of inspiration in the way of song writing lately.” He says and looks over to me and smiles. He moves his one hand off the steering wheel and picks mine up off of my lap to hold it in between us.

Thinking about the songs they have written and how some of them must be about us makes me sad. Thousands of girls are going to fall in love with those songs, and I don’t blame them but I will know they are for us. Luke must notice something is off in my head because his facial expression changes.

“Everything is going to be fine Aubrey.”

“I know, I just worry about things and I really wish I could come with you. We all wish we could come.”

“I know babe, I know. But don’t worry you guys will see us, we will absolutely make plans for you guys to come to one of our shows.”

“Okay.” Is all I can say, I smile and we both return to silence. This time the silence is much more comfortable.

We finally get to this cute little restaurant downtown and when we get there the parking lot is jam-packed.

“Luke are you sure we’re gonna get a table?”