Chapter Twenty-Two

There must be tears coming down my face because when I touch my eye my finger is wet. I try my best to wipe what I just realized is my tear stained face. They are performing, and all of these people came to see them. It may not be giant stadiums but it’s a start and I couldn’t be more proud at this moment.

She Looks So Perfect ends and Luke’s voice fills the area.

“Thank you everyone for coming out tonight. We are all so damn happy you wanted to see us so bad. So thank you, we love you all. This next one is called Don’t Stop. Sing it if you know it! One, two, three” he finishes saying and the other boys begin playing. I turn around to look at the other girls and they are all as flabbergasted as I am right now.

“Did any of you know about this?” I ask

“No I- I had no damn idea!” Jordyn says smiling like crazy.

“Who knew they were capable of something like this secret.” Quinn says. We all form a semi-circle and watch the boys perform from the back of the stage.

After the next song, which Calum says is called Long Way Home James appears out of nowhere.

“How are you liking the show girls?” He asks us smiling and we all punch him in the arms.

“Why didn’t you tell us James!” Beth says.

“Ow-ow okay well they told me to surprise you guys. Did it work?”

“Did it work? What kind of damn question is that I am crying for God’s sake” I say pointing to my eyes.

“I hope they are happy tears.” He says and I turn back around and quietly whisper “yes, yes they are”

Two more songs go by and the crowd is getting louder and louder by the second. All of a sudden Mikey’s voice is on the microphone.

“Once again thank you to everyone that is here. This next one is something we all wrote about some very special people in our lives. They are all here tonight, “ the girls all look at each other the tears coming back. “and we just want them to know something. So here’s a song to tell them” The four of us push our way out of the back room and stand really close to the stage on the side away from everyone else just before it starts.

The music plays and Michaels voice blesses us.

Throwing rocks at your window at midnight

You met me in your backyard that night

In the moonlight you looked just like an angel in disguise

My whole life seemed like a postcard

You were mine for a night

I was out of my mind

You were mine for a night

I don't know how to say goodbye