Chapter Twelve

I decided to skip lunch today, after talking to the girls my appetite kind of subsided. I figured that Luke and I would eat something on our little…. Date anyway so I can eat then. I managed to accidentally fall asleep yet again on my bed.

So when I wake up it’s about 3:00 and I have just enough time to shower before Luke comes to my door to ‘pick me up’.

While I’m in the shower, I try and decide where I should take the girls tomorrow, it’s a Saturday and people from school, well my old school are going to be out and about. If I happen to run into anybody while I’m out I don’t know how I am going to explain the three other girls with me. I know there is a small mall like thing outside of town with really cute boutiques, it’s just far enough that it’s not overly far and there is a good chance we might not see anyone. I also know that there is an amazing restaurant just a few minutes from the mall called “MamaKs” its really good, Drew and I used to go there all the time when we were dating.

I step out of the shower 20 minutes later and walk into my closet to pick something to wear. I have come to realize that I do not need this many articles of clothing. I used to complain to my mom all the time that I never had enough clothes and that there was nothing to wear, and I wish I could apologize to her for all the times that I said those things. I now know that having too much is no good either.

I finally choose a pair of really cute high wasted shorts and a tank top. I pick a long necklace and a pair of lace cream toms to go with the outfit. I’m not sure if I am going to have enough time to blow dry and straighten my hair so I choose to just let it dry and put it in a top knot bun when its not as wet. It’s still too early to put on make up and get dressed so I go on the computer for a while.

As I am sitting on my bed I feel my phone vibrating on my nightstand.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Hey Brey! How are you?” It’s Morgan.

“Hey Morg, I’m good how are you?”

“I’m okay!”

“School today was shit without you, it was so not the same!” I hear laughter in the background… really loud laughter.

“Awe, I know I am so sorry. I’m sure it wasn’t that bad. Morg? Where are you?” I ask the laughing getting louder and louder.

“Oh we’re at Kayla’s she asked us to come over for a swim… Why?”  What a bitch. Okay, maybe I’m not free as of right now or tonight or whatever. But the least she could have done was ask me.

“I was just wondering, hey listen I really have to go. I will talk to you later—“

“Dreew STOP!” I hear her yell while laughing, do I really need to hear this right now. “Okay Brey, call me tomorrow maybe we can do something!” She says and then hangs up the phone. I doubt it.

                                  *********************

I wasted the next 2 hours literally just sitting in front of the fireplace thinking about Morgan on the phone. I know I shouldn’t care but it really bothers me. My phone starts to ring again but this time it says Unknown Caller.