Chapter Twenty-Five

The drive from my house to Morgans is only a few minutes, I assumed that Kayla would have stayed over last night and when I pull into the driveway I see my assumptions we’re right. I take a few deep breaths before stepping out of the car. The three of us have never really not talked, we have always been together. This is most definitely going to be a challenge for me.

I walk up the long drive way and get to the door, I knock and pray to God that Morgans mom answers the door. When the door opens and I see her face I feel much better that it was her and not Morgan.

“Hello Cindy.” I say smiling at Morgans mom.

“Aubrey! What a nice surprise, we haven’t seen you around here in a while”

“Yeah, I know it has been a while. I was just wondering if Morgan and Kayla are here. I really need to speak with them?”

“Yeah they’re here somewhere. Is everything okay with you guys?” She asks sounding genuinely concerned.

“Well I hope they’re going to be. We had a small falling out, I feel bad and need to speak with them.”

“Okay, well come on in honey. They got back pretty late last night, I think they’re still in Morgan’s room. Go on up.” She steps aside and let’s me into the house. The three of us used to spend every waking minute here or Kayla’s house, and being here now it feels like somewhere foreign.

I walk up the winding staircase and head down the hall to Morgan’s room. Behind the closed door I can hear laughing, so I know they’re in there and awake. I knock once and wait for them to open it.

“Hey.” I say softly, while looking from my feet up to Morgan’s face when she opens the door. Her smile instantly drops from her face and it makes me feel really bad about everything.

“Yes?” She says sounding really mean and hurt.

“Could I talk to you guys? I brought a piece offering,” I pull out the signed pictures and show them “These will probably be worth a lot some day.” I finish saying with a smile on my face. Morgan turns around and looks at Kayla, who then nods and moves over to let me in the room.

There is still popcorn bowls and glasses from last night and it makes me miss when we used to do this all the time together. Even though it was basically a short month and a bit ago it feels like an eternity. I sit on the bed and Morgan takes her place on the floor beside Kayla.

“I am really sorry guys. I truly am, I’ve never been in this situation before and I just didn’t know how to handle it. I guess there was just a million things going through my mind with the boys and you guys and I just don’t know. I am sorry, and I will do anything to have you guys back.”

“Are those legitly signed?” Kayla asks and Morgan gives her a look. “What? It’s a real question.” Kayla shrugs.

“Yes, they are real. I live with them. If you would allow me to explain then I will and I will answer any questions you guys have. I just want you guys to forgive me.” I say to them.