Chapter Twenty-One

It’s Saturday morning and all of us are kind of running around before we have to leave for the carnival in a few hours. There is stuff going on all day, than at the end of the night there is supposed to be a private concert thing and we happened to get VIP tickets from James. I am really excited, this carnival is new to the town and I am so happy to be spending my first one with Luke, the other boys and the girls. It is going to be a really fun day.

We all mutually decided that we would head over there just after lunch. The only thing that sucks is the boys have to wear some sort of disguise. Just because they know there are some people in the area that would recognize them, I get it, I really do I just wish they didn’t have to. All of us girls are up stairs in Quinn’s room trying to figure out what we’re going to wear. Quinn and Mikey are going together, Ashton finally asked Jordyn and Beth and Calum are inseparable as well.

“So I feel like I should tell you girls something…” I say kind of low and they all stop what they’re doing and sit around me.

“Omg, what?” Jordyn says. They are waiting patiently on my response and now I don’t know if I should tell them

“Aubrey… hello? Are you going to tell us?” Quinn prompts me.

“Oh yeah, sorry. Well um- Luke like spilled his soul to me last night” I feel my cheeks getting red.

“What does that mean?” Beth asks.

“It means, he told me- he told me he loves me and that he is really proud to call me his.” I am now smiling like a kid who just got exactly what they wanted for Christmas and I can’t stop it.

“HOLY SHIT!” Beth begins. “And it took you this long to tell us?”

“He literally just said it last night at like 12:30”

“This is so huge, so he really likes- sorry loves you?” Quinn says clapping her hands.

“I am soo happy for you Aubrey. You deserve it, the way your friend rubbed in your ex and your other friend at the mall yesterday was so not cool. You and Luke are perfect together. I hope you’re both really happy”

“Thanks Jordyn. “ I say hugging her. “ I am really glad to have you guys to talk to. We have become such amazing friends and I am so fucking happy about that. I am still shaking about Luke though!” I say and we all start laughing.

We continue to talk and try clothes on while my mind wanders to Luke like it always does.

Luke’s POV

“You told her what?” Michael asks me when I tell them what I said to Aubrey last night.

“I told her I love her man. Is there a problem?” I ask and it comes out ruder than intended.

“Absolutely fucking not, that’s amazing Luke. We just didn’t know you liked sorry loved her so much!” Ashton explains.