Chapter Thirty

This lunch is like any lunch you would think about having with your boyfriend and your parents. The normal questions like “what do you want to go to school for?” or “do you have a job?” are a bit altered. They ask him a whole bunch about music and how he knew he wanted to do what he was doing. He answers all of them and I can’t help but smile while I am listening to him talk about what he loves.

After the questions are starting to become a minimum the table goes silent.

“This lunch is really good mom.” I say trying to bring some more conversation to the table.

Yes, Mrs- I mean Rebecca. It’s delicious. I haven’t had something homecooked in a really long time. Thank you so much for having us over.”

“Oh really it’s not a problem at all. You guys will probably be over here a lot now that it’s summer and there is no school.” My mom finishes saying and Luke and I both look at each other. I nod my head slightly to let him know that I am about to tell her.

“Yeah actually about that mom…” I begin saying but I can see the colour from her face drop.

“Oh no, you’re not leaving Aubrey? Are you?”

“No mom, no I’m not leaving. However, Luke is…” I say and I can already feel the sadness coming back to me.

“What do you mean?” my dad asks and he looks like he is pissed off. “Are you guys pretending to be together right now for your mother and I?”

“No, of course not sir. I love your daughter very much; this has been hard on all of us. We are together, we just won’t be together for a while.” Luke says and looks at my mom and dad.

“I’m sorry Luke, I am still very confused.”

“My band and I have recently received some news that One Direction want us to tour with them. It’s a North American, Europe and UK tour. We will be gone for about 9 months to a year.” I look down at my plate as Luke is telling my parents, cause I know that if I look up I will cry.

“Oh Aubrey, when did you guys find out?” My mom asks me.

“About a week and a bit ago.” I say to her trying to look up, but failing.

“You’re not taking the girls with you are you Luke?” my dad asks.

“No, that wouldn’t be fair. We all mutually decided that we can’t take them from their lives, we have done that enough.”

“Okay well at least everyone is being reasonable.” My dad replies to Luke.

“So what are you guys going to do? When are you leaving?” My mom asks us. Luke goes ahead and answers, because he knows that I won’t be able too.