Twenty-Three

"Father, I know that you're probably going to say no, but..." Adrien gulped as he inched their his father again. "Can I hang out with my friends?"

Gabriel turned and looked at him with a cold look. "Exactly who is your friends?"

"Well, there's this girl, Marinette, her best friend, Alya, then my best friend, Nino." Adrien listed as he looked down. "Then there's also this girl, Alix. You might know her, or not."

Gabriel's eyes went wide at the name. Then he smiled. "Of course you can got play with your friends, Adrien."

"Really?" Adrien was shocked at the answer. Was his father finally guilty for keeping him inside for too long.

"Go now before I change my mind!" Gabriel said with a stern look as he folded his arms.

"Thank you, Father." Adrien was rejoicing in his head. He rushed to leave the room, but then turned back.

"Oh," He said, "bye the way. It's not play,  it's hang out!" And he left the mansion with s smile.

Gabriel stared at the ground. "This Alix girl. She is another way I can bring Emilie back to life. If Adrien hangs around her, maybe she'll one day agree to come over here for a... " He cleared his throat. "For a hangout, I can finally attack and make a move."

He went back to star in st the picture of Emilie on the wall. He ran his fingers through it.

... One day...

-----

"He really said yes?" Nino cried happily. "Finally!"

"Yes, finally," Adrien rolled his eyes. "But something else worries me. Why would he allow me to go all of a sudden? Especially when it's a group of people!"

"I don't know," Nino shrugged. "Maybe he felt bad and decided to change?"

"I guess..." Adrien still didn't seem so sure, but he didn't want to think about it. Here was a chance to see all his friends again apart from school. He was going to make the best of it.

"Come on Adrien, Nino!" Alya yelled. "You slow-pokes!"

"Coming!" Adrien laughed as he ran after the others. "Race ya!"

-------

The End...

I know this was short, but I had no other way of ending this book😅.

Ooh, and... Somewhere in this chapter, I mentioned my name... I don't really think it's going to be that hard finding it... But I ain't telling anyone...

The next mystery...

Why did Gabriel Agreste let his son go out to hang out with his friends?

Oh wait no, that has already been answered.

The next mystery...

Why are Marinette and Adrien so dense?...

If anyone else has got an answer, please let me know!...

This book has officially ENDED!!