Fourteen

"You're sick, you know that?"

"I don't need someone to tell me that. And you know what? I am sick. Sick if losing!"

"Just admit it. You're never going to get those miraculous!"

"Shut up! Don't forget I can still hurt you, Alix. Don't act so strong now just because you told me someone is going to save you. For a week no one has come, how do you explain that?"

Alix stayed quiet, casting him to laugh at her silence as if it was the funniest thing ever.

"That's what I thought. Alix, I have a deal to make with you."

"What is it, you sicko?!"

Hawk Moth chuckled at the name she had given him. "If you want your loved ones to be safe, then do as I say."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Alix folded her arms in annoyance. Was Hawk Moth trying to scare her now?

"I meant to tell you. While you were being Mini TimeBreaker, I got to work."

Alix only frowned more. Hawk Moth was making no sense.

"I knew you were going to fail me, Alix. And even if I did, it still hurts because you promised you would help me..."

I never promised!...

"So I captured your parents. Do we have a deal?"

And that's when her eyes went wide with realization...

-

"Marinette, you have a call from Alya," Tom came inside her room and gave her the phone.

Marinette remembered. When she was little, she didn't have a phone. Just a home phone shared by everyone in the family.

"Thanks," she spoke, trying not to make her voice crack. Why wouldn't she be upset? Nobody had called to tell her that they had found Alix. And she didn't know what to do either.

"Alya," she spoke into the phone, and Alya replied.

"Hey Marinette. Hope you're feeling okay."

"I don't really think I am," Marinette answered. "Anyway, what's up? Is it about Alix?" She hoped it was about Alix. Like maybe she had found out where Alix was, or maybe she had at least came up with another idea to find her.

She had tried to think about another way, but she couldn't. She felt useless at the moment.

"No, I haven't found Alix," Alya gave her a sigh, knowing very well that Marinette was still as upset as her that Alix hadn't been found.

"It's not exactly about Alix herself," Alya continued. "It's about her parents. I went to their house, and their front door was wide opened. Think you can call Adrien and you two can come here?"

"Sure," Marinette quickly said. "I mean her parents is sort of related to the Alix problem we're having, so we'll be there."

"Okay."

Marinette went downstairs after getting off the phone. She gave the phone to Tom, and asked, "can I go see Alya?"

"As expected it is about Alix, isn't it?" Tom didn't really get what they were doing, but if they had to find their friend, then he wasn't going to stop them. "Sure you can go."

"Thanks." As she walked out the door, she caught her mom gave her a small smile, and she smiled back, before leaving the bakery.

-

"We're here, we're here," Marinette stopped to catch her breath, Adrien who was beside her doing the same thing.

"What took you guys so long? I was beginning to think you weren't getting here," Alya rolled her eyes. "Alix's house isn't that far, you know."

"Sorry, we had to convince Nathalie to let Adrien out," Marinette explained. "As usual, his father was busy, so we didn't have to deal with him."

"Whatever, get in here. I found something that might help," Alya dragged the both of them inside. Then she stopped, making them stop.

She bent down and picked up something. The house was neat, which probably meant the parents were getting ready for a visitor or something.

"This." Alya held up the phone. "I thought it was quite interesting, because it was just on the floor like that, and I know Alix's parents wouldn't do that."

"Hey look," Adrien took the phone. "They recorded something.

"Play it," Alya urged, so Adrien did as told.

Alix has been missing. We have to do something to help and find her.

Yes, I agree too.

*Knock, knock*

Oh honey, someone's knocking at the door. Mind opening it?

Yeah sure, I'm on it.

*Door opening*

Who are you?

Honey, who is it?

*Silence*

Get away from us!

Ah, don't come any closer. I'll call the police. Get out of here!

Hehe...

Argh! Stop!

No, stop it.

What are you doing...?

Bang!