Falling Preparations

(Hello everyone. I had to come back to the internet today so I thought I would update again. Enjoy the extra chapters.)

(Hinata's POV)

I turn the flower to the right a couple of degrees. I sit back to inspect it. That should be good. I look to Ino who is focused on her own centerpiece.

"These are some of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen," I sigh out as I grab a new vase.

"Mikoto does like to go all out for this party," Ino says, her eyes never leaving the flowers. We must have been at this for hours but we've barely made a dent into all the vases we have to fill with flowers before the end of the night. The party is tomorrow night and we're nowhere near done. Ino told me it's like this every year which astonishes me that her mother doesn't have a heart attack from all the stress. I look down to the bucket where we're keeping the flowers, but this one is empty.

I stand up to go and get another bucket for us. I walk into the cooler, reaching for the next bucket but strong arms drop down and pick it up for me. I look up to see Itachi and Shisui smiling down at me.

"Hello, Hinata," Itachi smiles out in his deep rough voice. I nod to him but my eyes go back to Shisui. It's like my eyes are magnets with his.

"Hello," he greets. His face still a little red from when Neji hit him. Neji had apologized earlier for it. He said it's hard for him to see me with anyone. I can understand but that wasn't' acceptable behavior.

"Don't you bother us. We have a lot of work to get done," Ino shoos the boys. They laugh and follow us out of the cooler. They set down the bucket they were holding where we're set up. I sit back down in my spot and grab a flower.

"Don't work too hard. You wouldn't want to be exhausted for tomorrow," Itachi warns. Shisui leans down and gives me a kiss before Itachi pulls him away to go do something. Ino sighs out in frustration once they leave.

"What's the problem?" I ask, adding more flowers to the empty vase.

"It's just that those boys think they can do what they want whenever they want this time of year," Ino explains, going back to work. I laugh as I fiddle around with the flowers in the vase so they can be presentable for Mikoto.

I stretch my limbs out. I can't believe that we've managed to complete all the arrangements for the main tables. I know that we have all the side tables and other spots to do but we're more than halfway down now.

"I think we can take a small break before we finish killing our fingers," Ino jokes as she stands up and stretches herself. I join her, my legs screaming at me from the movement. I turn to look out the main doors to see Shisui walk in with Mikoto in front to him. Mikoto instantly heads to the kitchen, but Shisui stops and talks to Itachi. I run up behind him and jump on his back. He grabs my legs so I can't fall off.

"How did you know that I was going to do that?" I ask in his ear, pouting.

"I could sense you running up behind me," he tells me, holding me against his back. I lean my head against his shoulder, waiting for him to put me down but it seems he has no intention of doing that anytime soon. "I got another job offer from those guys again," Shisui jumps back into his conversation with Itachi.

"Did you tell them no again?" he asks, leaning against the pale blue wall.

"Yes, I've got a home here," he tells Itachi as he pinches my thigh. I yelp out at the pain, but Shisui just smirks as if nothing happened. Itachi looks between us, not understanding what's going on.