Falling Battles

(Hello everyone. I'm trying something new in this chapter. I have a flashback written in all italics. I might change this through the story but for now, that's what I'm doing. Let me know if you guys think it works. Also, the text messages will be italicized, but they will have markings with them so you can decipher them.)

(Hinata's POV)

"Have a nice day!" I tell the customer as I hand them the bouquet of flowers they just bought. They were out on their date when the guy wanted to come in and buy his girlfriend a huge bouquet of flowers. Ino follows them to the door and once they're out, she locks it and flips the sign to closed. Finally, I'm done with work for the day. It wasn't overly hard but still draining. I walk to the back room with Ino behind me, and I slip off the apron that has the Yamanaka logo and name on. I place it on the hanging rack with the rest. Ino does the same but turns to me with a bright smile on her face.

"You want to grab something to eat? I know it's past eight, but you have got to be starving like me," Ino groans, grabbing my arm and tugging it to the door. I grab my stuff and let her drag me out the door. I've only been working here for two weeks, but I can already see why Shisui was laughing when I told him where I was working. Ino's nice just...loud. Ino locks the back door behind her and turns to me. She is just standing there with a smile, waiting for me to answer her question.

"I don't know, Ino, it's pretty late," I try to reason myself out of going. I'd like to hang out, but I would also like to go home, have a shower, and go to bed.

"Please? Sakura and Tenten are coming and you haven't really met them yet." Ino tugs on my arm some more. She just won't stop till she gets her way, huh. Mikoto has a rule though about eating together if they live in the same house. Although, I was working when they had supper, so I guess I'm ok for the night. I would like to meet the girls because I want friends in this town. I don't just want to hang out with the Uchiha boys all the time. They are fun, but I want to talk to girls. I've been here for about two weeks and I've only really talked to Ino while at work. I haven't gotten the chance to talk to the other girls.

"Sure, it sounds fun." I smile a bit. Instead of letting my arm go she shakes it harder. Ino drags me to the cafe where I was eating lunch the day I got hired at the flower shop. "Are we eating here? I thought they close at 8:30," I ask, looking for the sign that tells the hours.

"They do, but we're just meeting Tenten and Sakura here before walking over to the restaurant," Ino explains while messaging on her phone. Not long after a girl with brown hair up in two buns comes up to us with a girl with pink short hair who is walking arm and arm with her. Ino tells me that the girl with brown hair is Tenten and the girl with pink is Sakura. It makes sense. After Ino introduces me and the girls all say hi we walk to a restaurant about a block away from where we met.

We sit outside at a roundtable with an umbrella covering the table top. Ino sits next to me before anyone else can and Tenten kinda sits on my other side. Sakura sits next to Ino, and they immediately start talking about something. Before the waitress can come to take our order, I turn to Tenten and ask what she's going for in college. I remember that Shisui told me she moved here to go to Konoha University.

"I'm going for weapon making and specializing in blades. I love the craft of them so much I want to make them myself. I've got a couple of months left before my year of interning," she explains as the waitress comes over to our table.

"So how did you an Ino meet again?" I ask not remembering if Shisui told me or not.

"Her high school was taking a tour of the college her senior year and we met at the meet and greet," she whispers to me before giving her order to the waitress. I give mine and soon the girl with dark brown hair and an apron leaves us to go give our order to the chefs.