Falling Punches

(Hinata's POV)

I squeeze the neck of the bottle, so a mist falls over the bright flowers. I should have done this earlier, but when we opened, we were swamped right away which is strange. We are normally slow in the mornings but today was different. It seems that everyone in Konoha wanted to either buy or order flowers this morning.

"Alright ladies, now that we have a moment of peace. It's that time of year again!" Ino's mom squeals the moment the customer leaves. I turn to look at Ino, silently asking what she's talking about. Ino laughs from behind the counter and motions for me to come closer. I take a few steps closer to hear her.

"The Uchiha's throw a ball every year around this time. It's a big end of the year celebration and the whole town is invited," Ino explains, taking my water bottle from me and placing it with the others. If it's an Uchiha ball, why didn't Shisui say anything about it to me?

"Mikoto has, of course, already picked out the flowers that she wants to be the focus but has asked us to find some that will complement them nicely," Ino's mother takes out the order book so we can start looking through it. This is going to be a long day.

Ugh, I'm so tired from work today. I never thought that working at a flower shop would be so difficult. To be fair, I never thought I would work let alone in a flower shop. I open the lobby doors and the warm scents from the air fresheners fill my nose. I wonder how much money is drained into to these fresheners each year. It's a bit much from my tastes. I walk up the stairs, legs screaming at me, and head over to my door.

Shisui is leaning against the wall right next to my door. How long has he been standing here for? I didn't tell him when I was getting off today. I hope it wasn't long because it's dark out. I bring my keys out to unlock my door, however, he slides in front of it. I look up to ask what he's doing, but before I can ask he plants his lips on mine in a demanding kiss. I let my tired body fall into his. I feel him smile against my lips before pulling away. I hazily put the key in the lock and open my door.

I instantly walk to the couch, falling down to the welcoming cushions. How is this couch so soft? Where did Mikoto even find this? I hear Shisui's footsteps approach me softly and his infectious laughter fills the air around him.

"Have a long day?" he asks, leaning over the back out the couch to look at me. I turn around to frown at him. I grab the pillow behind my head and throw it at him, so it hits him square in his stupid face. "What was that for?" He asks, holding the pillow in his arms. I push my face into the cushions and groan. I don't want to talk about the stupid party right now. It's all I've been doing for the past couple of hours.

The sofa shifts as Shisui sits on it, nudging my shoulder with his soft hands. I don't move though, let him do what he wants. I feel him move so his entire body is hovering above mine. His stupidly perfectly sculpted body.

"What's wrong?" He asks again but this time with more force behind him. I turn around to face him. He's not going to let this go until I tell him, is he?

"You never told me that the Uchiha's were so rich a famous that they could host a party for the whole town, every year," I grumble out. My family could never do that. I know that they had money and were well known but this is more...intense than I originally thought.

All Shisui does is laugh above me, making me want to shut up his irresistible laughter. How can he be so irritating but still so attractive?

"Sometimes I forget that you're new to town so you don't know everything yet. The whole town gets really excited about the party," Shisui smiles out, but the smile fades the longer he stares at me. "What was that about the money comment?" he asks, moving a strand of hair from my face. I sigh as I sit up, pushing him to sit as well.