Falling Memories

(Hello everyone. Sorry I've kinda been MIA the past few days. Where I live we've gotten a lot of snow recently and I still don't have internet. I should mention that this entire chapter is a flashback. Anyways, on with the story.)

(Hinata's POV)

A high pitched beeping sounds in my ears repetitively. I flutter my eyes open to see red digital letters telling me it's six in the morning. Another day of being told what to do wait for me to get out of bed. I pull the edge of my comforter up to my shoulder as I dig my head into my pillow. I don't want to leave because if I do I know I won't be able to rest until it's time for bed once more. Sleep is the one place that allows me to be...me. Still, I can't control them though; just like everything else in my life.

I groan as I roll out of bed and to my feet. I lift my body into a stretch, trying to wake my muscles. A few bones crack in response to the movement. I should ask my father if I can start my morning stretches again with Hanabi. I walk into my bathroom and rid myself of my sleep clothes. The hot water falls around me, making me never want to leave the space. Alas, I must leave and get dressed so I'm down for breakfast in time.

I wrap my purple towel around my body as I walk to my room only to find a pair of clothes set out for me already. The only time that dad has my clothes sat out for me is when he's got a packed schedule and needs me at breakfast quickly. I'm really not going to have any time to myself today. I sigh as I slip the dress and leggings on. It's still my clothes from my closet, but when they're sat out for me like this, they don't feel like mine. A note lays still on my bed right where my clothes were laid. I pick up the white thin paper to see my father's handwriting. 'Hinata, I want you to wear your hair half up in a bun and half down today, Father.' He normally never tells me how to wear my hair, as long as it's not in the way. Is there something going on today that I should know about?

After I put my hair up how he told me to I walk down to the dining table to join everyone for breakfast. Everyone is already down and sitting at the table which means I'm late. Father is not going to be pleased. I take a seat next to Hanabi as I pat her head. She turns to smile at me with a mouth full of toast.

"Hinata, you are late. It's not becoming of a lady to be tardy for anything," he scolds, never looking up from his newspaper.

"I'm sorry, father. I will be on time next time," I nod my head as I scoot my chair close to the table.

"You're having egg whites and fruit this morning," he tells me, finally setting his paper down. I can't even choose my food...even though I like those things. I never get to eat toast except for when I'm sick. I don't even know what sugary cereal tastes like. "Also, we'll be having a guest over for dinner tonight." I nod my head in understanding. He tells us we're having a guest, but he's telling me that I need to dress up this evening. Even though it seems pointless because he picked out my outfit for the day I bet he's picked out what I'll wear for dinner too. "Neji, tell me what you'll be doing for the day?" father turns his attention to my cousin. Neji puts his fork down and clears his throat to tell him.

"I'll be studying for the entrance exams for college that I have on my list to transfer to," Neji explains. He's so lucky that my father supports him going to college. I asked to go but he said that I will get no help from him and seeing as I can't get a job around here, and I didn't get any scholarships for some reason, I couldn't afford it.

"I'm sure you'll do great," he encourages him. Hanabi gulps down some of her orange juice before turning to dad.

"I'm going to be practicing for my gymnastics competitions that are coming up," she smiles out, taking a bite of her buttered toast. My eggs and fruit finally arrive, I take a small starting bite. It's nothing special, just like always.