Falling Flowers

(Hello everyone! I'm going to try my very best to update at least every Friday at some point. I want to update twice a week, but we'll see how that goes. On with the story!) 

(Hinata's POV)

This is not my room. The walls are not the same light purple that lights my room. This color is a light blue with white trim...I remember a white trim around a house...Wait. I'm not home. I actually left, and I'm staying at the Uchiha residence. Shisui let me stay in his guest room while I was here because I couldn't sleep in the room Mikoto graciously offered me.

It was nice last night to have a meal with a family that's not so disjointed like mine. My mother died when my sister was a baby and when Neji's parents died my father took him in. He's more like a brother than a cousin, but I'm ok with that. I wonder if they are thinking about me back home or if my father is carrying on like I never existed. Or maybe, he's searching for me, looking in all the corners he can. I don't want to think about him finding me right now because I hope he never does. I will not go back to that life.

Sliding out of bed, I softly step out of the room and walk down the steps. I don't remember seeing much last night of Shisui's house, but that's because it was dark. The place isn't that bad for a guest house. It's got everything a house does but in a smaller fashion. At the bottom of the stairs, Shisui is munching on a bowl of cereal and looking at his phone. The Uchiha's don't eat all their meals together? I glide over to the island counter and lean over to look at the bowl of fruit sitting in the middle.

"Morning, Hinata," he greets me while glancing up.

"Hello," I respond. "Just so you know, I'm going to be searching for a job today, so I won't forever be sleeping in your guest room," I stand up from the ripe fruit. He sets his phone down and grins.

"There is no rush to leave. You can stay as long as you need," he says before stuffing a spoon full of bananas and cereal in his mouth.

"I still don't want to stay here too long. I came here to live my own life, and that's what I'm going to do. Starting with a job and then a place of my own," I say proudly. I've never actually said any of this out loud before, but it feels nice.

"Well, if you're going to start your life today then you are going to need sustenance for your journey." He slides the chair next to him out for me. I place myself in it and look at the box of cereal that is sitting in front of Shisui; it looks...ok.

"Do you normally eat breakfast separately or is this just a weekend thing?" I ask, setting the box down. He chuckles at either my question or the way I set the box down. I can't tell which though.

"Mikoto has one rule about food, she likes to enforce, and that's we all have supper together as a family. The only time she allows it not to happen is if one or more of us are working," he explains.

"So you always eat breakfast alone?" I point to the box. He chuckles a little more before answering.

"Sometimes a few of us eat meals together, but today I was eating alone. However, I'm not alone anymore because you are here." He smiles at me.

"Also, as long as you're staying with us you will eat supper with us as well," he adds. I nod my head and reach for an apple from the fruit bowl. It's not that the cereal looks unappetizing it's just that I was never was allowed to eat surgery cereals back home; I'm not even sure if I'll like it.

"You said that the only time Mikoto doesn't get upset about you missing the meal is when you are working. What do you do for work?" I take a bite of the sour green apple.

"Well, for starters, Fugaku, Itachi, and I all work in the family business. It's mostly old dudes in suits talking and lots of paperwork. Sasuke just started college so he can go into the family business as well; He also works at a fighting ring during the weekends," he sighs the last part out.