Falling Presents

(Hello everyone. I hope you are all enjoying the story so far. I just want to quickly remind you that this is a mature story. Enjoy!)

(Hinata's POV)

"Hinata, where do you want this?" Sakura asks, holding up a box full of black and red flowers from Ino's shop. I had Ino bring them over after Mikoto insisted that we have red and black flowers. She said it wouldn't be an Uchiha party without them. I point to the dining table.

"Over there," I tell Sakura. I'm really glad that Sakura never found out about that time Sasuke kissed me, or maybe she did and didn't care because it really didn't mean anything. I walk into the cluttered kitchen to see how Mikoto is doing on the food. We only have a little bit until Shisui arrives. I've set up a party, but it's also kind of a surprise party because I told Shisui we weren't able to get everything for the party until this weekend. That way he can still have the party that I promised, but he can still be surprised.

"How's the food coming along? Need any help?" I ask Mikoto who is vigorously mixing a dumpling batter. The dark-haired beauty looks around the kitchen that looks like a bomb went off.

"Um, if you could chop those vegetables that would be helpful," she gestures to the pile of fresh vegetables we bought this morning. I grab a knife from the block and grab a cutting board.

"Hinata, where do you want us to hang these?" Ino and Tenten ask, standing in the archway. They're holding up paper fans.

"In the dining room. When you're done with those can you start putting the flowers around the house?" I ask, chopping a cucumber so they look like circles. They nod their heads and rush off to hang up the little red and white fans. Mikoto found those and thought we could use them. Apparently, they are a family crest of the Uchiha. If I would have known planning a party with Mikoto would take this much work I really would have planned it for the weekend. I do hope that Shisui enjoys the party.

"Do you know what time the boys are bringing Shisui back?" Mikoto asks, moving onto another dish while the dumpling batter sits for a minute.

"Um, Itachi said around five," I mutter out, trying to remember the text Itachi sent me a few hours ago. I have Itachi and Sasuke keeping Shisui away from the house while we set up. Itachi was all for it, but Sasuke needed to be persuaded by Itachi. By persuading I mean Itachi told Sasuke that he was either going to help him with Shisui or help us girls set up. He chose to help Itachi.

"I can't wait to see how Shisui looks when he sees all the work you put into this party," Mikoto cheers as she puts something in the oven. I grab another cucumber and smirk as the memory of Shisui trying to distract me from planning the party. I hope he likes the gift I got him.

"Hinata, you want to come and see how I've arranged the flowers?" Ino pops her head in. I giggle at her because she's better at arranging flowers than me, but she always asks for me to check hers. I plop a cucumber slice into my mouth as I make my way over to her.

I step into the dining room to see a beautiful setup. From the flowers beautifully set up in blue vases around the room to the fans hanging around the ceiling. I've never been to an Uchiha party, but this feels like...home? Is that the word I'm looking for? It seems weird to call something of an Uchiha's home, but there is no other word for it.

"It's beautiful," I tell Ino. I take a step closer to her and tug at her arm. "Do you think I could talk to you in private for a moment? I want to ask you something," I question. The blonde looks stunned at my sudden request.

I lead Ino to the living room where no one is setting up decorations. It's more of a small party. Itachi had invited a few of people that Shisui talks to but that's because his only friend is Itachi.