Falling Happiness

(As promised, another chapter today. I hope you guys are enjoying the story. On with the chapter!)

(Hinata's POV)

Shisui hides me behind his body as Neji makes his way over to us. How did he find me? I can't go back. I won't go back. Neji can't say anything to me that could possibly make me go back, so he's wasting his time.

"I'm here for you," Shisui whispers back to me. I clutch to his arm, but my eyes never leave Neji's piercing gaze. He stops just before Shisui but doesn't even acknowledge him.

"Hinata, can we talk?" he asks me. "We really need to talk," he urges. Shisui looks back to me, but I keep my grip on him. I don't want to be alone with Neji right now. What if he has guys hiding, ready to take me back by force?

"I don't think she's in the mood to talk," Shisui talks for me. My throat is too tight I don't think I could speak if I wanted to. How did he find me?

"I didn't ask you, Uchiha," Neji bites out. He knows that Shisui is an Uchiha? How? How does he know all this? If he knows does that mean my father knows as well?

"But I told you, Hyuga," Shisui stands his ground. Neji snaps his attention back to me.

"Hinata, I promise I'm not going to do anything. I really need to talk to you," Neji pushes. Neji has never broken a promise to me before. He was always the one I could talk to when I was having trouble.

"She doesn't want to--"

"It's ok Shisui, I'll talk to him," I let go of his arm and step next to him instead of staying behind him. I'm going to be ok.

"Are you sure?" he whispers so low only I can hear him. I nod my head slowly, making sure I am ok with it.

"Why don't I meet you at the ice cream shop in a few moments," I direct him. He stays put for a couple of minutes, looking over my face.

"If you're not there in ten minutes I'm coming to look for you," he snarls out. I concur, nudge him to the door. The sooner we talk, the sooner Neji can leave. Then I can get back to my life. Shisui slowly walks to the doors but keeps looking back at me with furrowed brows. Once he's out the doors I put my attention back to Neji.

"I didn't realize you got a guard dog," Neji bites out. I frown at him.

"You don't know anything. Shisui has helped me more than you will ever know!" I bite out. Neji just stares blankly at me. I've never once raised my voice to my cousin before. I grew up being told it was improper and unladylike. I don't have to worry about that here.

"I don't know anything because you don't talk to me anymore. You just ran away!" he shouts back. I want to flinch and say I'm sorry, but I can't. I need to stand up for myself and my actions. If I let him win I might as well just go back home and be a puppet again.

"I wasn't me there. The minute I got to Konoha I felt free. I do things that I want when I want. I even have a job here," I smile out. I hate fighting with my cousin but he does have a point. I left him in the dark of how I felt for many years.

"I'm sorry. I didn't come here to fight," Neji says in a lower voice. I nod my head. At least we can agree on one thing for now. "I just don't understand what's going on inside your head. How do you even know an Uchiha in the first place." He scrunches his face like he's trying to figure it out himself.

"When I first got here, Shisui and Itachi offered me a place to stay," I explain. "That is until I found a place of my own." I gesture to the building we're in.

"You stayed with a complete stranger?" Neji questions in disbelief. A smile finds its way to my lips. Nodding my head, I think about how crazy that must sound to him. I would never stay with someone I didn't know in the past.