Falling Panic

(Hello everyone. I decided that I wanted to update today. On with the story.)

(Hinata's POV)

His hands were softer than I thought they were going to be. When I traced the lines on his palm, I thought they would be harsh and scratchy, but they weren't. Why am I so fascinated with his hands? I can't seem to get the feel of them out of my head.

I rub the shampoo out of my hair with the water that's falling from the spout. Why am I thinking about this in the shower? I need to stop thinking about his hands in general.

What about the almost kiss?

I shake my head to move the thought. We're friends, and that's good enough for me. I don't want to mess anything up just because I got drunk and kissed him. What would it be like to kiss him though? Would his lips be soft or would mine yield to his? What would he taste like?

Stop! I can't think like this...ever. A jingling sound fills the air when I turn the shower off.

The rectangle screen is laying on the edge of the sink where I left it. I lift it to see who would be calling me. I haven't had a call in a while because most people text me if they want something.

My cousin's face lights up the dark screen with green lines rippling from his picture. I swipe to answer it and hold it against my face.

"Hello, Neji," I answer into the screen. I grab a towel and wrap it around myself, so I'm not dripping water all over the place.

"Hello, Hinata, I hope that I'm not disturbing you, but I do have something I need to talk to you about in person," he states in his raspy voice.

"Is everything ok?" I ask in a wavy voice. Neji never wants to meet in person with someone unless it's super important.

"Everything is just fine," he whispers to me. A sigh escapes my lips in relief.

"How about we meet at the cafe across the street from the flower shop?" I offer up, tightening the towel around my body.

"That sounds great, if it's ok with you we can meet in half an hour," he calculates. I wipe my heavy damp hair out of my face, so the water doesn't fall into my eyes.

"That sounds great," I agree, and when he says goodbye, I hang up to get ready for the day. I suppose I should wear something a bit warmer because it's supposed to be windy today. My purple jacket and violet capri pants should be fine. It's kinda nice to be able to hide my body in baggy clothes every now and then. I wonder what Shisui would think of my outfit. Wait...why am I wondering that?

I see Neji sitting in a black metal chair in the outside patio section of the cafe where we agreed to meet. I rush up to him because I'm running a little late. I couldn't seem to get my mind from wandering to Shisui everytime I did something; It's almost like I'm in a trance. He spots me and waves me over, so I sit across from him in a chair just like his.

"What did you need to talk about?" I get straight to business. It's not that I don't like spending time with him it's just that I feel a little strange today, with all the thoughts of Shisui in my head.

"I've made my decision about what I'm going to do," he says while sitting up a little straighter. I copy his action because he wasn't supposed to have one until tomorrow. He made his decision quicker then I thought he would. I'm not sure I want to hear the answer anymore. I was sure that I could convince him that I'm happy here, but with the party last night, it may have rubbed him the wrong way. What if I never get to see Shisui again? "I'm not going to tell Hiashi where you are." His words suspend me in my seat. He's not going to make me go back? I get to live free and I don't have to worry about my past coming to get me? I leap out of my seat and tackle my cousin in a hug.