Falling Confessions

(Hello. I'm updating a day early and I plan to update tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will update twice every week or not yet. I hope you guys are enjoying the story. On to the chapter!)

(Hinata's POV)

The knife slides into the pepper with ease as I finish chopping up the vegetable. I add the slices of green pepper to the bowl of chopped cucumbers and tomatoes. I thought it would be nice for me to make lunch for Shisui today because every time I catch him eating by himself, he always seems to be eating food that's not the best for him. He told me once that he doesn't have the time to make himself food so he just grabs what he can. I figured this is a good chance to cook for fun and so far it has been.

I also haven't told him about my job yet. I don't know why I didn't tell him earlier, but I guess when I got home yesterday, and once I gave the flower to Mikoto all the rest of my energy seemed to leave me. Once I got to my bed, I just flopped down and fell asleep. When I woke up this morning I was still in my clothes from the day before and it felt...nice. I was never so tired that I fell asleep in my day clothes before. My Father never let me get that tired.

Shisui's stomach grumbles in the air telling me it wants to be fed. I let a small giggle out as I finish preparing the sandwiches.

"What are you working on?" I ask over my shoulder. I turn around and start plating everything up for the both of us.

"It's mostly stuff to do with stocks. Just boring stuff," he yawns out.

"If it's so boring why do you do it?" I ask, putting some salad on his plate.

"I do enjoy it. It's just that sometimes it can get repetitive, and then I get bored," he explains, eyeing the plate of food. I shrug my shoulders and slide the finished plate of food over to him. He practically slides all of his stuff at the very edge of the counter, knocking his pen on the floor. As I slide into the seat next to him, he grabs the sandwich and takes a huge bite at the top edge.

"Are you really that hungry?" I ask while taking a small bite of my salad.

"I think I'm in love with this sandwich," he groans. "You're such a good cook Hinata." I let myself giggle at his tone.

"Thank you. I enjoy cooking for people who like to eat," I almost whisper out.

"You are free to cook for me anytime. Don't even ask, just cook," he tells me before taking another bite. If I would have known he was going to like it so much, I would have made him two because he's almost done with this one.

"I have some news I would like to tell you about." I turn to face him in my seat; he turns with the sandwich in his hands. "I got a job yesterday," I cheer out. His face lights up, and he sets the sandwich down on the plate next to him.

"I'm so happy for you. Where is it?" he asks.

"The Yamanaka flower shop," I respond before taking the first bite of my sandwich. He starts laughing so hard I think he might choke if he tries to take another bite of his food.

"First congratulations, you certainly have a good job there. The Yamanaka's are a good family with a good business. Plus with their daughter Ino, you certainly will never have a dull or quiet moment," he laughs out. I stare at him for a while, not knowing what he's talking about.

"I don't understand what you mean by that last part," I push for information.

"Well, Ino is known for being a talker, and she likes to gossip a lot and seeing as she works at the flower shop she can get things around quickly," Shisui explains as he finally starts in on his salad.