37

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Oh, as the light goes out, thoughts turn to angels over us. Oh, as the night comes in, dreams start their drifting and we hear a lullaby."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"I can't believe I'm wearing a unicorn onesie right now."

"Unicorns aren't even real, Josh."

"You're not real, Fynn."

6:00PM on a Friday night and Tyler was nothing but smiles during their first ever "animal onesie pajama party." (Though, in reality, it was more like Fynn coming over to stay the night while they dressed up, ate junk food and watched movies.)

Watching his two favorite boys banter in their unicorn and panda onesies was entertaining to Tyler, if not a source of familiarity that made him want to smile until he couldn't smile anymore.

This is right. This is... home.

"What do you think of your onesie, Tyler?"

"Oh, I love it," Tyler said as he reached up to touch the cat ears on his onesie. "It's so warm and cozy."

Josh kissed Tyler on the cheek. "Is it making you feel soft?"

Tyler pulled his "paws" over the top of his hands. "Maybe a little," he mumbled. "But my pacifier's upstairs."

"Want me to get it for you?"

He shook his head. "No, that's okay, it'll just make me sleepy. And I wanna stay up with you guys." He giggled a little. "Hey, Jish, I could suck your thumb..."

Fynn snorted. "Wow, kinky."

Josh rolled his eyes. "You're just jealous that no one wants to suck anything of yours."

"Ouch, my heart." Fynnley feigned a hurt expression. "So much hate from such a short man."

And with that, they were off again. Tyler just picked up the bowl of sour gummy worms and kept his body weight leaned against Josh as he wondered how the evening would progress...

● ● ● ● ● ●

Three movies, too many sweets and a million bad jokes later, the party finally started to wind down. After they had cleaned everything up and went upstairs to change into their regular pajamas, the three boys found themselves in Josh and Tyler's bed, chit-chatting away as the TV played in the background.

"I have to admit, tonight has been pretty fun," Fynn said as he stretched out across the bed. "That onesie got way too hot after a while, though."

"But you looked so adorable in it," Tyler said, smiling.

"Excuse me, Fynnley Harrington is not adorable." Fynn crossed his arms, a smug look on his face. "Only handsome."

Josh scoffed. "Yeah, only handsome if you like blonde beanpoles."

"Hey, no more picking on each other," Tyler warned, soft voice struggling to sound authoritative. "Let's call a truce and hug it out."

"I like hugs." Fynnley held his arms out before lunging towards Josh. "Love me!"

Tyler smiled. As entertaining as it was to listen to their banter, seeing their loving side was quite welcome.

Bringing his legs up to his chest, he rested his chin on top of his knees, sighing a little. Just a few days from now, I'll be leaving here... Will I ever see this place again?

Everyone was giving up so much; Josh had to take a leave of absence from his job and Fynnley had to switch around his schedule... all because of him. All because of the role he had to play in helping them escape.