15

● ● ● ● ● ●

"It's spiraling down, biting words like a wolf howling."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Ty-ler..."

Another lazy Thursday afternoon and Tyler had just gotten out of the shower, having decided he'd spent long enough in his pajamas.

As Tyler stood in front of the full-length mirror in his bedroom, Josh walked in before snaking his arms around a thin waist that was filling in a bit more with each day.

"Ty-ler..." Josh repeated, placing tiny kisses on the back of his neck.

"Josh-ua..." Tyler mimicked him, giggling. "Hi."

Josh hummed into his skin. "Hi. You smell good."

No matter how much Tyler denied it, he (and his Time Keeper) was an absolute sucker for Josh's compliments. "Thank you." He smiled as he leaned his forehead against Josh's. "What are you up to?"

"Well, for one, I wanted a kiss from my baby boy." Josh stole a quick kiss from Tyler and smiled. "Secondly, I came to see if you wanted to go out with me."

A flash of fear went through Tyler's mind before he quickly pushed it away.

I've been through this before. Josh isn't going to let anything happen to me.

"Go where?"

"Okay, this is going to sound totally weird..." Josh laughed a little. "But I was thinking we could go to the nail salon and get pedicures? I know people usually associate that with something women do, but lots of guys get them done too. I mean, there's nothing wrong with having nice nails, and..."

Tyler cut off his rambling. "Hey." He gave him a soft smile. "I would love to. I've always wanted to get a pedicure, actually."

"Seriously?" Josh's face lit up. "I've had them lots of times, mainly because I tend to get ingrown toenails every so often."

"Or maybe you just like having pretty girls touch your feet." Tyler nudged him with his elbow, a teasing smile on his face.

Josh chuckled. "Hey, there's pretty boys there too, you know."

"Mhm." Tyler giggled. "Let me find a shirt to put on and then I'll be ready to go."

Josh's eyes went up and down Tyler's body. "I dunno, Ty, I kinda like seeing you shirtless. I think that should be your new look."

He laughed. "No shirt, no shoes, no service."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Is the water too hot for you?"

When Tyler slipped his feet into the whirpool foot bath, he winced a little, but it didn't take long for the intial burn to turn pleasant. "No, I'm okay," he said, voice soft.

He'd been feeling so shy ever since they got there; something about being around strangers in an even stranger setting made him want to just... curl up and hide.

"Let your feet soak for a while," the nail tech said before standing up. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

Folding his arms across his chest, Tyler regretted taking off his hoodie when they came inside.

What if she saw my Time Keeper symbol? What if she's going to kick me out? What if--

"Ty-Guy. You okay?"

Seeing the concerned look on Josh's face, Tyler felt a little bad for making his Protector worry. "Yeah, I'm okay." He cleared his throat. "Are you?"

"I'm good." Josh smiled. "Just making sure."