7

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Crave my heart and it's bleeding in your hand."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Welcome home, master."

Josh rolled his eyes a little and smiled as he came through the front door, dropping his bag into its usual spot. "You know, you don't have to say that to me every time I come home from work, Fynn."

Fynn smiled back at him. "Hey, you know me. Service with a smile."

"As if. How's Ty doing?"

"He's good, taking a nap on the couch right now. I took him to a bunch of stores and found some stuff." He laughed a little. "I put your credit card on your desk."

"Awesome, thanks, Fynn. Did he seem to... um, have any fun?"

Fynn shrugged. "He was a little talkative at times, but for the most part, he was quiet."

"I think he's still feeling a bit insecure. He thinks everyone hates Keepers."

"Yeah, it'll probably take him a while to regain his confidence. But I guess that's where you come in at, huh?"

Josh let out a sigh. "Yeah. No pressure, right?" He chuckled dryly. "I'm just scared. This is my first time and I don't wanna mess it up somehow and make Tyler feel worse."

"Hey." Fynn placed a hand on Josh's shoulder. "Don't forget what I told you. Tyler needs you right now, and the little things you do for him are going to mean so much to him in the long run. It just takes patience." He gave him a smile. "I know you'll do great. You always do. I'm here to support you every step of the way."

Josh nodded, feeling a bit more confident now. "Thanks, Fynn. I needed that."

"Of course. Let me know how tonight goes."

The two said their goodbyes before Josh went into the living room to check on Tyler. He smiled when he saw that he was still asleep, a blanket draped over his lower half.

Leaning over the top of the couch, Josh pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Sweet boy," he whispered.

Loosening the tie from around his neck, he wondered if he should leave Tyler there while he went upstairs to finish some extra work he had to do. On one hand, he didn't want to disturb his nap, but on the other hand, he didn't want him to wake up with no one there.

Reaching down, he slid the blanket off Tyler's body, being careful not to wake him. Sliding one arm underneath his neck and the other underneath his knees, he scooped him up into his arms. Said boy stirred around a bit, scowling as he rubbed at his face but, thankfully, didn't wake up.

Josh let out a sigh of relief before heading towards the staircase. It was a bit awkward maneuvering up the stairs with Tyler's long legs (not including the fact he was dead weight right now) but he managed to make it up to his room without any casualties.

Setting him down on the bed, he pulled the covers back over Tyler so the boy could retain some heat within his fragile bones.

Josh let his fingers drag across the covers and smiled as he walked away.

● ● ● ● ● ●

Thick eyelashes fluttered open as Tyler started to wake up. Vision blurring, the first thing he noticed was the smell of shampoo and cologne.

A scent suspiciously similar to...

Josh?

Holding his head up, he realized he wasn't on the couch downstairs anymore but was laying on a bed in an unfamiliar room. When he looked across the way, he saw Josh sitting at a desk in front of a computer.